Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 09:38 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
When all vehicles are self-driving, the speed limits can be 100 MPH.

My car IS self driving. That is how I am able to text, eat breakfast, and shave while driving to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 09:43 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageLogic View Post
How about going back and reading my first post. Then you can come back and talk about what I actually wrote.

Be a good boy and run along now...
Here's your first post. Perhaps you should reread it.

Whingey. No doubt about it. And here we are passing 70 posts about a subject you didn't want to discuss. LMAO.

Quote:
Let me be straight-up blunt: Let's knock of all these STUPID comparisons and complaints about how the German Autobahn is so superior to the US Interstate System, and thus should be copied, and we should eliminate our speed limits. All such comparisons & complaints are utterly absurd, and should be abandoned immediately.
Whingey.

Quote:
YOU ARE COMPARING APPLES & ORANGES. Actually, more like apples & roast beef.

First of all, the German Autobahn is only 17% of the total miles/kilometers of the US Interstate System. That makes any side-by-side cost comparisons absurd. Or any other comparisons.

Second, speed limits on MOST of the Autobohn are strictly enforced. Over half of the Autobahn has speed limits. It is not a "free-for-all."

Third, Germans have to be older to get their drivers' licenses, and pay approximately $1500 for them. Far fewer Germans, per capita, drive than do Americans. And the requirements much more strict.

Fourth, the thickness of the Autobahn is double that of American Interstate Highways, and the Autobahn is far more expensive to maintain.

Fifth, the vehicles that travel the Autobahn are not rusted-out Saturns & Corollas.
Quote:
Finally, the expansion of the Autobahn was the love-child of Adolf Hitler & the Nazis, and a great deal of the work was borne by prisoners of war & soon-to-be-exterminated Jews. Is that REALLY what we want to celebrate and emulate?
Patently false (And a little whingey)

Quote:
So... Can we just SHUT UP about how the Autobahn is a speed-limit-free circus that should be emulated by the United States? And if we can't shut up about that, why not broaden out the argument to include space travel in our comparisons?
More Whingey.

I stand by my comments.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:45 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,705,555 times
I've spent too much time here. You're falling back to grade school arguments and comments.

I'm going to let others post now.

So long.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:54 AM

2,341 posts, read 12,046,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Here's your first post. Perhaps you should reread it.

Whingey. No doubt about it. And here we are passing 70 posts about a subject you didn't want to discuss. LMAO.

Whingey.

Patently false (And a little whingey)

More Whingey.

I stand by my comments.
You have a SERIOUS comprehension problem.

Did I say we should not talk about it? No, I didn't. I said it's high time to stop making stupid comparisons and complaining about how we have speed limits and the Autobahn doesn't.

Now... Go back. Re-read what I've read. Then THINK. Then - and only then - should you come back here and spout off.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:19 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,102,084 times
Quote:

Did I say we should not talk about it? No, I didn't. I said it's high time to stop making stupid comparisons and complaining about how we have speed limits and the Autobahn doesn't.
Well... Yes, you pretty much did.

If people can't make comparisons or complaints about the roads, what is left to talk about? Materials used? Which days street crews should pick up trash on the side of the roadway? Sorry, but you don't get to dictate which way the conversation turns. Best course would have been to not post at all if you are tired of the subject.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:24 AM

906 posts, read 1,767,313 times
I can't believe I wasted 10 minutes reading this thread. I agree, lets stop the comparison. In fact, lets stop this thread completely.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:41 AM

7 posts, read 6,653 times
Quote:
Let me be straight-up blunt: fap fap fap Autobahn fap
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Do you think American roads blah blah blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Oh shut up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
Now that's funny...

The biggest windbag on CD telling someone else to shut up.

Now that's even more funny!

The biggest douchebag on the automotive forum pointing out the so-called biggest windbag on CD telling the de facto biggest windbag on CD to shut up, in a thread created by the most useless a-hole on CD.

Thanks for playing folks

Old 11-20-2013, 11:03 AM

477 posts, read 841,203 times
I was born and raised in Germany and have been living in the US for a few years now. I would never want to see American drivers on a highway without speed limits. The quality of driving is honestly much worse here (I live in SC) than in Germany.

In Germany driving is seen as a privilege. Here, a lot (edit: Not everybody!) of people drive like they don't give a crap.

Also, the quality of the roads in Germany is a lot better. I can't see how the US can invest enough money to get their road on the same level.

I really miss driving on the autobahn because there isn't always a speed limit but it would be crazy to do this here.

Last edited by Toto7SC; 11-20-2013 at 11:15 AM..

Old 11-20-2013, 01:48 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,875,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Tosser View Post
Now that's even more funny!

The biggest douchebag on the automotive forum pointing out the so-called biggest windbag on CD telling the de facto biggest windbag on CD to shut up, in a thread created by the most useless a-hole on CD.

Thanks for playing folks
Thank you for playing, junior member...or would that be 2Rugged4You?

Old 11-20-2013, 04:16 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Oh shut up.

Thank goodness, after all these yers, somebody finally shut me up. The whole forum is grateful to you. You're their hero. From now on, there will be only one viewpoint on C-D (yours), without anybody disagreeing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive