Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 08:35 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,892,595 times

Advertisements

I just don't get it. People buy these huge trucks and then use them to commute in etc. They seem like such as waste of vehicle. Sure, they are great for going to home depot a couple times a year or moving large furniture, but what about the other 360 days a year?

All people are doing is hauling around a giant cargo beds everywhere they go that is mostly empty, meanwhile, the usable part of the truck is just not very user friendly for normal day to day living (grocery shopping, commuting etc).

And you pay like twice as much in gas to haul around a cargo bed everywhere, take up two parking spots in urban areas etc.

I tried a truck once, bought a brand new Nissan Frontier extended cab. It was a nice truck, but completely worthless most of the time and traded it in after a year.

And the redneck trucks with all the big smokestacks and what not spewing black smoke???

If you are a contractor or something like that, I get having a big truck, but other than that, I just don't see why people like them.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:03 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,180,231 times
Moderator cut: .People drive what they like. Why drive a car that can go 175 MPH? Isn't that stupid? Why should anyone drive a car with vibrating seats? Or surround sound? Why do people drive 4x4 SUVs when they never leave the road?

Trucks are beefy. Some people really like that. They like a vehicle that has ground clearance, a place to carry dirty stuff, and has lots of room inside. A modern half ton truck can do that.

A Nissan Frontier is barely a truck. Please don't claim you bought a truck.

Last edited by yellowbelle; 01-03-2016 at 06:08 PM.. Reason: personal attack deleted

Old 02-11-2014, 09:08 PM

^ I'm pretty sure it was a truck!

Old 02-11-2014, 09:09 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,894,623 times
Ever been in a real truck? The middle console is 3x the size of any other vehicle. There is so much more room in a truck. Lot of big guys drive trucks for the extra room.

I never use my trunk or back seat. I guess you could say I'm hauling around a bunch of wasted space! lulz.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:10 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
What's the point? Just to **** off ignorant urban liberals, no other reason at all.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:10 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,175,341 times
Oh good. Another 'I don't like what other people drive' thread. I was worried we wouldn't hit today's quota.

Mike

Old 02-11-2014, 09:11 PM

3,703 posts, read 4,852,685 times
It's comfortable, rides nice, and high enough to see over traffic. I have plenty of shoulder room so I'm not touching the door or any other passenger while driving. I can stretch my arm out ahead of me and not come anywhere near touching the windshield. I have plenty of leg room and can stretch out. I have plenty of head room so I'm not anywhere near hitting the top of the front windshield if I lean forward. I like having plenty of room.

I have a back seat as well which is nice for groceries, suitcases or other items I want out of the elements, as well as passengers if need be. Basically like a full size car. However, my trunk is open and I can carry bulky items if I ever need to.

I like the looks of a pickup as well. Heck I just like having a truck in general. That's my style. I'm sure you drive what you want. I drive what I want. Simple really.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinfshr View Post
It's comfortable, rides nice, and high enough to see over traffic. I have plenty of shoulder room so I'm not touching the door or any other passenger while driving. I can stretch my arm out ahead of me and not come anywhere near touching the windshield. I have plenty of leg room and can stretch out. I have plenty of head room so I'm not anywhere near hitting the top of the front windshield if I lean forward. I like having plenty of room.

I have a back seat as well which is nice for groceries, suitcases or other items I want out of the elements, as well as passengers if need be. Basically like a full size car. However, my trunk is open and I can carry bulky items if I ever need to.

I like the looks of a pickup as well. Heck I just like having a truck in general. That's my style. I'm sure you drive what you want. I drive what I want. Simple really.
I didn't think about liking sitting up high over everything, guess that would be nice in heavy traffic at times.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:15 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,501,704 times
Just because you don't see the truck in its driveway (next to the BOAT, etc) doesn't mean it's not hauling sheet around on the weekends.

It's really just an SUV with an open trunk.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:34 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,357,536 times
I can't understand why anyone would want to drive around in a compact car. Seriously, when I travel for work, I'm usually stuck with a "midsize" vehicle like a Toyota Corolla (which to me is a compact car, not a "midsize") and I can't stand being so low to the ground, not having any power to accelerate, having no room for anything, and generally being in a vehicle that is in no way fun to drive.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive