Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 02:33 PM

4,834 posts, read 5,736,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
So first shop ,second shop and you divided the responsibility if you kill someone in civil suit. To save a few bucks. No thanks.
I wonder how we ever lived prior to 2008 when TPMS sensors were not mandatory
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 03:21 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
So first shop ,second shop and you divided the responsibility if you kill someone in civil suit. To save a few bucks. No thanks.
Excuse me, if I what??

I've owned 22 cars in my life, and this is the only one that has come equipped with TPMS. And yet I managed to drive the other 21 cars for several hundred thousand cumulative miles without killing anybody. If you're too much of a goddamned imbecile to keep your tires properly inflated without an electronic device to tell you your tires are low, you should have never been handed a driver's license in the first place. As for me, I do not suffer from such a deficiency.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:20 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,995,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IShootNikon View Post
This is news to me. But at this rate I don't doubt it.

Discount Tire did fix my flat just a year ago. Not sure about now
I think it is for the warranty that people buy. If you have this, they just replace the tire because fix-a-flat and patches would void the warranty. They just replace the tire and move on.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe those warranties you can pay extra for are one-time use items. Basically, if you have them replace the tire completely and you want the same warranty on the new tire, you have to buy it again.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:22 PM

4,834 posts, read 5,736,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
I think it is for the warranty that people buy. If you have this, they just replace the tire because fix-a-flat and patches would void the warranty. They just replace the tire and move on.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe those warranties you can pay extra for are one-time use items. Basically, if you have them replace the tire completely and you want the same warranty on the new tire, you have to buy it again.
Yes, it's a one time use warranty

Old 12-02-2014, 04:02 AM

6,454 posts, read 9,816,761 times
Quote:

That makes no sense at all lol

Lots of cars on the road today do not have TPMS anyway.

My local shop will mount anything on anything I bring in. Its my responsibility if I wreck, not theirs.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:37 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
Quote:
This may be a new Automotive forum low right here.

Old 12-02-2014, 10:59 AM

190 posts, read 286,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Excuse me, if I what??

I've owned 22 cars in my life, and this is the only one that has come equipped with TPMS. And yet I managed to drive the other 21 cars for several hundred thousand cumulative miles without killing anybody. If you're too much of a goddamned imbecile to keep your tires properly inflated without an electronic device to tell you your tires are low, you should have never been handed a driver's license in the first place. As for me, I do not suffer from such a deficiency.

I repped you for Common Sense.

In a world full of imbeciles that savor the use of unnecessary over-priced gadgets (TPMS, Backup Cameras,etc), it is refreshing to see another old-schooler that can miraculously "survive" without them.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:07 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,668,923 times
Too many people want gadgets to replace common sense. Guess what? They can't. My 06 F150 came equipped with TPMS sensors. However, I noticed a low tire recently when washing the truck (I do an inspection as well as a wash each time) and noticed my pressure light was not on. It was 10lbs low. I found out the previous owner removed the sensors and had the light turned off. Miraculously I've been on numerous road trips and have yet to kill someone because my tire was low.

Old 12-02-2014, 11:11 AM

865 posts, read 2,162,059 times
Ambulance chasers salivate at the opportunity to sue someone with money.

I run 185/65-15 tires in the winter on my car that calls for 195/60-15 ... it also has TPMS. I had my car held hostage at a walmart once when they realized that.

So now? I mount the tire on the wheel myself, bring it to be balanced. They don't care about lack of TPMS, but they don't like the wrong tire size. So it's for my 2011 Nissan Versa ... not a 2011 Ford Focus!

Old 12-02-2014, 02:28 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,886,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
If you're too much of a goddamned imbecile to keep your tires properly inflated without an electronic device to tell you your tires are low, you should have never been handed a driver's license in the first place.
Why do you make it sound like you don't know any regular people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive