Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 11:06 AM

4,641 posts, read 11,956,110 times

Advertisements

No, I don't buy. Unfortunately, I've had cars that were in minor fender benders (I know, b/c I was there) and they were never the same.

If the car was an accident and was otherwise a great car, and the owner now wants to sell, that would really raise my suspicions.

Alternatively, just b/c carfax just doesn't show an accident doesn't mean the car hasn't been in one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 11:08 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,527,528 times
its a huge red flag if you were not told about it previously-- been there done that.
a salvage title is often avoided by letting a "friend" correct the frame damage without reporting the accident.
a salvage title means very little FMV in a car or truck.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:09 AM

3,146 posts, read 4,118,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
You find the perfect car. Like new condition, runs like new, looks brand new. It's priced at a great price and it has relatively low mileage on it. You check the car fax and see that it has been involved in an accident. Do you consider this to be a red flag, or assuming the damage was just body related, you'd not blink and eye and still purchase the car?

I think I'd still purchase the car so as long as there was no damage to any electrical or mechanical system, no bent axle or frame, and no airbag was deployed. Especially if I got a great deal on it. What would you do? Would you rather purchase that same model car with higher miles, higher price tag, but no accident?
Uh, yeah.

Old 06-25-2019, 07:55 PM

2 posts, read 1,151 times
So, I'm looking at this 2016 Honda Odyssey. The carfax shows as "ACCIDENT REPORTED" to the front-left side of the vehicle and the title is clean. The vehicle has still got warranty. Is it a worth buy?

Old 06-25-2019, 09:30 PM

802 posts, read 1,370,514 times
ive owned 3 total loss rebuilt cars
never had any problems
drove another +100K each on 2 cars and 3rd one 40K miles until crashed.

No idea how or where those cars were hit.
Just inspect the car drive it if you dont know how and what to look at ask the mechanic you might know.

Sometimes you get a car for really good price and low miles because it was in accident. if it was repaired properly and you are not looking for a car to resell just buy it and enjoy it for years...

Old 06-25-2019, 10:34 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,317,558 times
Accident Reported? Is that all Carfax says? Problem is these days even the most minor of accidents cause thousands in repair bills as parts are replaced. I would show the buyer the paperwork. Besides, my body shop is around the corner. They can ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive