Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2015, 02:56 PM

181 posts, read 385,809 times

Advertisements

Purchased a venza awhile back and like the vehicle. With toyota now discontinuing it, I am wondering if I should sell it and go for another model, like the highlander, knowing I'd ger a decent amount back now as opposed to keeping it and trying to sell it later on down the line.

Any thoughts on keeping a discontinued car? I looked at the highlander and like it, a bit pricier, but if I get that, I know if and when I choose to get something else, there will be a market for the car as opposed to the venza simply because it's discontinued and people may not want it, so smaller recoup of decent value
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 03:43 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,447,399 times
It's a Toyota, you will not have any issues with it being an orphaned model at all. Parts are available as it uses components from other vehicles, and if you like it, keep it. The Highlander offers features that the Venza does not, so if it is those features that are prompting the purchase, it may be worthwhile to consider it, but I do not think it would be significantly financially advantageous to trade a Venza simply because they are not made anymore. The Matrix is an example of a recently discontinued Toyota, and resale value was not compromised simply because it is no longer manufactured.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 09-25-2015, 03:47 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,747,144 times
If you only reason for wanting to trade in the Venza is because it is being discontinued then I would just keep it. There will be parts for it for years

Old 09-25-2015, 06:42 PM

181 posts, read 385,809 times
When I am ready to get rid of the car in a couple years, how hard of a time would I have with a discontinued model...that's my worry, not so much the parts.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:28 PM

797 posts, read 1,756,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missdiagnosis View Post
When I am ready to get rid of the car in a couple years, how hard of a time would I have with a discontinued model...that's my worry, not so much the parts.
As someone who is in the market for a used car now, I can assure you that if it is priced right that being a discontinued model would not deter me at all especially since it is a Toyota which has a great reputation

Old 09-28-2015, 07:09 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,691,805 times
I would avoid a Venza like the plague. Go to the Toyota forum and read my issues with our 2014 Venza and Toyota corporate.

Toyota's quality isn't the same as the Toyota of old.... and getting worse.

Toyota is still riding the coattails of it's old reputation. They can only do that for so long.

Old 09-28-2015, 07:14 AM

15,826 posts, read 20,610,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missdiagnosis View Post
The people buying 4-5 year old second hand models don't care about a model being discontinued. If they did, they would buy new.

That car could be 10 years old, parts will still be available and people will still buy it because it's A.) a Toyota, and B.) Perfect car for young family who needs space.

Old 09-28-2015, 04:53 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,367,858 times
Toyota Matrix was discontinued a few years ago. How are the used versions of that one selling?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive