Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 01:56 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,447,267 times

Advertisements

It just seems like the car got slightly "folded" to me. I'm no expert though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2015, 05:41 AM

19,148 posts, read 25,375,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
If they can't fix it look into lemon law.

While Lemon Law statutes vary somewhat from state to state, most of them have verbiage indicating that the defect or defects only qualify for this type of coverage if they cannot be rectified by the third repair attempt, and that the defect(s) must be of a type that materially affects the safety or drivability of the vehicle. That type of verbiage was inserted in order to keep people from filing Lemon Law claims because of things like stained upholstery or paint defects.

As annoying and as troubling as these defects might be, it is probably going to be a very hard sell to convince Ford corporate that they materially affect either the safety or the drivability of the vehicle. I think that the OP's best course of action is to speak with the people at Ford corporate customer service (or, better yet, contact them via certified mail), and request an appointment with Ford's regional maintenance supervisor (sometimes known as a Zone Manager). These people have the ability to override decisions made by the dealership, and may be able to get a replacement vehicle for the OP, even though it wouldn't fall under the aegis of the Lemon Law.

Good luck!

Old 11-29-2015, 06:09 AM

3,380 posts, read 9,218,687 times
In the picture of the door jamb....with the U shaped bar....

Are those ripples in the metal?

Old 11-29-2015, 08:13 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,728,181 times
Regardless of the "severity" of the damage, Kuklachica . . . damage is damage and I would definitely request another vehicle.

Contact the Owner of the Dealership immediately (in person if possible) and very politely and calmly, while being forceful, explain the known issues as well as your disappointment.

Very possibly Legal Steps such as Lemon Laws, etc will not even be necessary.

Good Luck.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:37 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,667,352 times
I think its probably too new that this would matter, but a twisted unibody will eventually manifest itself in uneven tire wear. I would monitor the tread wear on the tires closely. If you see anything that looks egregiously wrong, the frame/body has been twisted a little.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:42 AM

19,090 posts, read 27,667,472 times
I hate to do this to you, but you should have not moved away from Toyota. Crappy craftsmanship aside....

As of what you mentioned.
I said it before in another thread. Neighbor owns body shop. I took my car to him for minor work and we chatted about general cars quality and such. He simply laughed and took me to a lot where he had several new cars sitting, waiting on something to be done.
Gaps everywhere. Misaligned doors. Was a GM product but still. He told me - that's how they make them now. QC is below any standard.
I'd say, now that you are stuck with this, let them fix it. While there, wonder around their lots and take a close look at other new cars and see what THEY look like.
I am suspiscious you "got a deal" because there was some concealed delivery damage and they discounted car for you. They know well enough what was going on with it. They won't be in business if they were not.

Old 11-29-2015, 02:43 PM

17,336 posts, read 12,292,973 times
That's some quality union labor right there.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:00 PM

18 posts, read 30,290 times
The dealer has refused to provide a loaner for the remainder of the repairs. So my car has been on the shop since Friday, 11/27. As of yesterday they hadn't done any work on it. No communication or updates about the status of repairs. GM's voicemail box was full. I requested a letter stating that the work was not being done due to an accident and that it had not been in an accident at the factory, in transit, or at dealer. The documentation would be used for future trade-in or sale, in case it some how shows up on carfax or repairs are noticeable. The dealership's response was to take back the loaner because it was given out of "kindness and courtesy". So now I won't be able to get to my medical appointments during the next ??? days (whenever they decide to start work on it). Great service, Ford. Send a car to a dealership with lots of workmanship defects, avoid confirming that it wasn't in an accident, and punish the customer by taking back loaner. Dealership and Ford both know I have active medical conditions. Great strategy to assure customer satisfaction, Ford.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:06 PM

17,336 posts, read 12,292,973 times
Well since you've already burned the bridge with the dealer apparently, time to get Ford corporate involved directly.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:22 PM

18 posts, read 30,290 times
They are. It's all under warranty. The dealer ha told them there are only two issues to repair. It doesbt matter the pictures I send them, Ford is convinced I am wrong And the dealer is right. Apparently the dealership is not concerned with the dent or hanging gasket or cockeyed hatch. And neither is ford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive