Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 10:50 AM

1,784 posts, read 2,381,226 times

Advertisements

My daily driver is a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro.

Likes: exterior styling, ride quality, the smooth acceleration of the engine

Dislikes: it has bad blind spots at the C pillar, the trunk has no key lock cylinder so if the battery dies, which is in the trunk, it will be hard to access.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 10:53 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
I drive a 2004 Subaru Forester XS.

Things I like about it:
1) AWD
2) Handling
3) Cornering
4) Fuel Efficient
5) Great Cabin Layout And Cargo Hauling Capability
6) Reliability- Above Average
7) Bad Weather Capability/ Handling On Gravel and Dirt Roads

Things I dislike about it:
1) Parts tend to be more expensive (when something does need fixed).
2) Not a fan of the brakes, too soft for this vehicle.
3) Back-light went out on stock audio panel, can't be replaced without replacing the unit.
4) Tires tend to be a bit more expensive, but that comes with the territory.
5) Not the most comfortable seating position for city driving, oddly enough more comfortable on longer trips.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:25 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
2003 Buick Lesabre

Reasonable gas mileage, great for the size of the vehicle.
Can accelerate up a hill unlike my old Saturn
Amazingly reliable.
Built in the USA
Inexpensive enough that if it has a accident I can afford to replace it with a identical car if I wished. (Kelly blue book for a excellent condition one is about 3K)
Comfortable.

Its got power steering, locks, etc. But it doesn't go into the truly fancy things. Theres a version with a HUD that I would have preferred, but this one had some sentiment to it that caused the purchase. It was owned by someone I personally respected who passed away, and I purchased it from his family.

I suspect my next vehicle will be electric. Less moving parts should mean a even higher reliability.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:37 AM

1,289 posts, read 1,973,706 times
2009 Honda Fit

Small body size to fit in my garage
Easy to maneuver
Plenty of pep for a car its size
Good gas mileage

Dislikes:
Uncomfortable seats for long trips
No center console
Cheap plasticy feel on the interior

Old 01-23-2016, 12:32 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
2008 Jeep Wrangler.

Likes - I can go anywhere

Dislikes - Uncomfortable for long highway trips.

Old 01-23-2016, 12:47 PM

6,780 posts, read 9,332,326 times
2007 Jeep Wrangler
Likes: fun to drive, can take the top and doors off in summer, capable off-road vehicle
Dislikes: not a lot of extra room (2-door)

2014 Toyota Tacoma
Likes: having a pickup truck comes in handy, it can tow my camper
Dislikes: it's fairly boring and plain jane on the interior

Old 01-23-2016, 01:19 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
2006 Toyota RAV4 V6

Minuses (actually minus, since there's only one thing I don't like about it): it doesn't have the remote keyless entry. I have no idea why, but it came that way. I haven't gotten one yet, and it's a PITA not having one.

Pluses: Very low miles (71K when I got it last year)
Great gas mileage
Doesn't have all that fancy computerized BS and because it's older, the maintenance costs are lower
Great daily and doggie driver
Black, my favorite color
Incredible horsepower since it has the V6
And best of all, it's way better than the Mazda CX-7 I dumped on my ex-husband in the divorce

Old 01-23-2016, 01:33 PM

768 posts, read 718,180 times
2012 Audi Q5 w/3.2L engine

Likes: awd, good pickup, very easy to drive, keyless entry, start & lock, heated seats, back-up camera, sensors, great turning radius, good for where I live

Dislikes: side mirrors are way too big - Often cannot see someone in crosswalk, back seats are too stiff for long journeys even though they recline slightly, not a great paint job, not a BMW

2005 GEM eS

Likes: plugs into 110 in garage, great for short errand type trips, no doors, easy to find parking

Dislikes: not so good for Seattle due to hills & weather, was better suited to so cal

Old 01-23-2016, 05:05 PM

53 posts, read 95,183 times
Currently driving a 2009 Volkswagen Jetta. Car has great handle and good on fuel efficiency. Con is that the car is somewhat small for my needs and I'm not a big person.

Favorite car I've had must be my Dodge Charger - powerful and fast. Cons or should I say con is that it did have some blind spots

Old 01-23-2016, 05:29 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,791,339 times
2015 Bugatti Veyron

I hate how the valets always expect a tip, bro I just let you drive my car, you should be paying me.

Oh, wait this isn't the personal finance forum, my bad.

A late model Toyota Sienna, I'm not too fond of it in general. It drives like a cloud, is very quiet, good on gas, and super safe, but the minivan just isn't as useful as everyone makes you believe (I think everyone hates them and just tricks others into buying them as misery loves company).

I will be getting a more inspired car soon, anything from a Subaru BRZ to a BMW M3, just depends on what feels nice.

PS: it was just a joke personal finance forum mates, I'm pretty sure most of you are telling the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive