Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 03:31 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,966,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
If you want made in USA buy a Toyota or a KIA.
There are only a few Toyotas built here, not their entire lineup. Even then their parts content isnt fully American anyways. And who would want to drive a boring, plastic fantastic pos Toyota?

And they only build some of their cars here to help their bottom line. Dont think for one second that they care about us or our workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 03:37 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,105,784 times
Quote:

Or a Subaru.

Old 02-25-2016, 03:47 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Why does it matter where it was built? If you like the car then buy it.

Old 02-25-2016, 03:52 PM

45,396 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
Or a Subaru.

Except for Foresters. They are (or were the last time I looked) all made in Japan.

Old 02-25-2016, 03:54 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
There are only a few Toyotas built here, not their entire lineup. Even then their parts content isnt fully American anyways. And who would want to drive a boring, plastic fantastic pos Toyota?

And they only build some of their cars here to help their bottom line. Dont think for one second that they care about us or our workers.
They build a higher percentage of theirs here than the "domestic" makes.

Toyota workers are paid more than their UAW counterparts. They also have higher worker satisfaction ratings. Toyota is treating them quite well, in part to dissuade them from unionizing. Don't think for one second that the UAW actually cares about its workers.

Are you seriously comparing the "plasticness" of a Toyota to an equivalent domestic? Just as plastic but with worse fitment issues and rattles soon to develop.

Last edited by notnamed; 02-25-2016 at 04:09 PM..

Old 02-25-2016, 04:08 PM

902 posts, read 1,105,187 times
Quote:
agreed, or a Honda... they are made in Ohio

Old 02-25-2016, 04:11 PM

4,556 posts, read 3,754,316 times
Did you know that the new Audi Q5 and the A4, are going to be built in a new plant in Mexico? Those are Audi's best selling vehicles right there. And I think they are taking a huge gamble -because people who buy BMW/Audi/Mercedes like that their cars are built in Germany.

But I figured that the average person who just wants to "drive an Audi" and probably doesn't care where the car was built or doesn't even think to figure that out.

Old 02-25-2016, 04:15 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,588,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
It amazes me that people still dont know this. Japanese companies have been building cars in the US for years and America companies have been building cars in Mexico and Canada for years.

That's because most of the time foreign companies build their factories in right to work states and don't have to deal with union issues.

Old 02-25-2016, 04:22 PM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Why does it matter where it was built? If you like the car then buy it.
That is the kind of thinking that has gotten the US in the mess it is already in, where hardly anything is made in the USA these days, not like the old days where the US was the leader in making just about everything. '

So to answer your question, I do buy what I want to buy but I wish I could buy American cars made in the USA and I would have bought a Ford if only it was not made in Mexico. Ford lost my business, I was wondering how many more people felt like I do, or do many feel like you do? and if so then no wonder half the population is no longer working.

Old 02-25-2016, 04:24 PM

902 posts, read 1,105,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
That's because most of the time foreign companies build their factories in right to work states and don't have to deal with union issues.
yup, and avoiding the unions has also kept the quality and workmanship up to their extremely high Japanese standards

I don't want to get too political here, Unions do some good in other sectors but in the auto industry, accountability is the key to quality
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive