Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 05:28 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,404,637 times

Advertisements

We bought an ats with 2.0t last December and we love it. Just made a several thousand mile road trip last month and it performed as expected, excellent!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 07:45 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,861,321 times
Even though Buicks seem seems to be getting better reviews , I would go with the Caddy. My grandfather and my elderly aunt and uncle had Buicks and I can't get that image out of my head. I have felt the same way about Lincoln. Just an image thing and probably not valid. Currently , I am driving my mother's Sedan deVille '05 and am surprisingly happy. It has the "famed" Northstar V8 and while bigger than my previous Accords, it is adequate for my 4-5K miles a year. I will unload it once it has expensive repairs.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb Should I get a Cadillac or a buick?

No.

Get a Lexus.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:53 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
I'm driving a 2016 Buick Lacrosse and love it. One comfortable, quiet ride.

Old 06-09-2017, 09:46 AM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,317 times
I would go with the Buick since its newer and has lower miles.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:33 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,257,894 times
I'd get a Regal GS.
I love it except for the fact that the interior only comes in black leather. Grrrr!!

Old 06-09-2017, 03:06 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,932,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsportpilot View Post
OP may not be aware that many Asian branded cars are made in the US, Accord, Camry and many others

Conversely many domestic branded cars are made elsewhere

I was surprised to find that my Toyota Tundra is made in Texas, however both the Ford and Chevy pickup are not made here (Ford = Mexico) (GM = Mexico)

source:

Mexico bound? Ford moving two key models out of Michigan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Silverado
Uuummm....Ford trucks are not built in Mexico. The F-150 and Superduty's are all built in the US. They just moved F-650/750 production from Mexico to Ohio, too. Lastly, the plant that is being vacated by the Focus/C-Max is getting new product there to take their spots so there is no US production loss.

Thanks for linking a 2-year old article - here is a new version:

Ford to invest $1.2 billion in Michigan plants

That being said, where a vehicle is made is not the only thing that matters. Your Tundra has far more foreign parts in it than an F-150 does not to mention those profits go back overseas, too.

Lastly, to the OP, honestly neither car is any good in my opinion. I'd rather have a nice/optioned-up Ford Fusion or something like that over either of those two. (And one of my cars is a Caddy so it's not like I'm a brand-hater.)

Of the two I prefer the ATS but that car is REALLY small inside - even the driver's area - and the performance is underwhelming for a sports-sedan unless you're talking about the ATS-V.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:13 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,993,716 times
I'd get the Buick. For ride, comfort, and affordability.

Of course if status is your desire then pick the other one.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:16 PM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
The difference is about $10-15,000, but the vehicles are the same with only cosmetic differences. Same motors, same mainframes.

Old 06-09-2017, 08:38 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,423,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamweasel View Post
Uuummm....Ford trucks are not built in Mexico. The F-150 and Superduty's are all built in the US. They just moved F-650/750 production from Mexico to Ohio, too. Lastly, the plant that is being vacated by the Focus/C-Max is getting new product there to take their spots so there is no US production loss.

Thanks for linking a 2-year old article - here is a new version:

Ford to invest $1.2 billion in Michigan plants

That being said, where a vehicle is made is not the only thing that matters. Your Tundra has far more foreign parts in it than an F-150 does not to mention those profits go back overseas, too.

Lastly, to the OP, honestly neither car is any good in my opinion. I'd rather have a nice/optioned-up Ford Fusion or something like that over either of those two. (And one of my cars is a Caddy so it's not like I'm a brand-hater.)

Of the two I prefer the ATS but that car is REALLY small inside - even the driver's area - and the performance is underwhelming for a sports-sedan unless you're talking about the ATS-V.
Ford is retooling their Michigan ave assembly plant we're the Focus is assembled they wanted to move the Focus to Mexico because they don't make a huge profit on small cars. Taking the Focus place is the new Ford Ranger and the new Ford Bronco. The F150 is built at Fords huge Rouge complex in Dearborn Michigan. And their Kansas City assembly plant. Ford said Friday it is investing $350 million in its Livonia Transmission Plant to expand its lineup of transmissions and will add 800 jobs at the plant
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive