Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2016, 12:30 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,304,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtagusername View Post
I could teach a course on how-to drive, even at a spirited pace, and not get ticketed. Just don't do something so bad that a Concerned Citizen phones you in. Depending on where you are, you just may be in trouble..
"Drive faster! I hear banjos!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 12:41 PM

444 posts, read 324,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
"Drive faster! I hear banjos!"
"I can't! It's a Geo!"

Old 08-17-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtagusername View Post
"I can't! It's a Geo!"

If Geo goes, Yugo!

Old 08-17-2016, 01:54 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
If you are obsessed with enforcing the speed limit, apply to the State Highway Patrol when openings become available.

Don't drive in the left lane at the same speed as traffic in the right lane and cause cars to back up behind you.

I thought that would be plain old common sense but I guess some drivers lack that.
Did you read what I posted or did your knee just jerk uncontrollably? I don't drive in the left lane unless passing or exiting.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
Boy, this discussion is so original and fresh! I don't know why people engage THL on this subject, she has repeatedly demonstrated that she is only interested in the laws she chooses to obey - for instance, she thinks the speed limit is sacrosanct, but conveniently chooses to ignore the laws requiring her to keep right or yield to faster-moving traffic regardless of whether or not that person is speeding.

Now she's going to say that the keep-right laws only apply in certain stretches of roadways (they don't) and that she has provided case-law examples of this (she hasn't), but that she can't be bothered to look it up again (meaning she doesn't have any to point to), but that she is absolutely right because she used to be a paralegal 20-some-odd years ago.
LeagleEagleDFW, let's at least get it right. You and I have engaged frequently, yet you still completely ignore the fact that I have repeatedly said that as a practice I do NOT drive in the left lane unless passing or exiting left. I have also said that the slower traffic keep right laws should be obeyed at the same time as the speed limit laws should be obeyed. Which is to say, BOTH laws rule, and if someone (not I) is driving the speed limit in the left lane, you at least have to acknowledge that you want them to obey a law for the sole reason that you want to break a law. Be a big boy and admit it.

However, with your passion for speeding and ignoring the laws that get in your way of breaking other laws, you conveniently can't seem to read that with comprehension.

And, yes, there are other parts of the statutes (which I HAVE posted numerous times) and case law (ditto) that indicate what you say above is not the case (guess you're such a legal eagle that you can't read statutes or case law or they don't apply to you?), but your response is to continually pretend you haven't seen them and ask me to do the work again as if somehow they will magically change in the interim.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagleEagleDFW View Post
They are required by law to give way to faster-moving traffic.
And that faster moving traffic is required by law to go no faster than the speed limit. Both apply equally.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Did you read what I posted or did your knee just jerk uncontrollably? I don't drive in the left lane unless passing or exiting.
That was the impression I got from your posts.

Old 08-17-2016, 03:08 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,997,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
I was referring to post #81

Old 08-17-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
That was the impression I got from your posts.
I pointed out post #81 but if the shoe fits for you or Texas Lady..........wear it !

Old 08-17-2016, 03:12 PM

It's a "power thing" when posters think they can drive in any lane they want and let traffic back up behind them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive