Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2016, 02:36 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times

Advertisements

After she was spinning...
"“He hit directly in the middle of my eye and everything went black,” Senters said. “At the beginning it was like, ‘Oh my God, my car is spinning. I really just hope no one hits me.’ And then he hit me and that was when I was like, ‘Oh my God I just got hit.’”"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2016, 11:38 PM

17,592 posts, read 15,266,523 times
This kind of thing is taken quite seriously.. At least when it's used towards an aircraft.

There was a news story here about a real genius who decided to point the laser at a news chopper.. Two of them, in fact.

Man who pointed laser at Sky 4 sent to federal prison

Rule of thumb.. If you want to do something stupid.. Don't do it at an aircraft with rolling cameras on it.

With the proliferation of Dash Cams.. I'd probably say don't do it from a car, period.

37 months. That means he's doing 2 years and 7 1/2 months based on the Feds' 85% rule.

Old 11-03-2016, 11:11 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,224,362 times
same type of person that claimed her toyota engine racing out of control said putting the car into neutral would make it flip over on the freeway. people that shouldnt have licenses.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:28 AM

1,062 posts, read 981,488 times
BTW at Burning Man a few years ago, idiots with layers caused permanent retina damage to several victims. One lady had a dark spot in the center of her vision and couldn't even read. Yet they refused to ban lasers for a long time "because lasers are cool".

DJs also love those stupid laser projector devices, which are completely unregulated and are capable of burning the retina. It's common for them to point them at the crowd, and even place them at eye level. "Because lasers are cool". I've tried to convince them not to use those devices, but they won't listen to reason. They're simply too stupid.

Old 11-04-2016, 07:52 AM

3,306 posts, read 12,224,222 times
Everything could have been solved had the lady backed off, pulled over or found some other way to distance herself from the maniac.

I like how victims of road rage play off like they have no idea how they got themselves into that situation. As if I am supposed to believe that these lunatics come out of nowhere with their only motive to wreak havoc. I've never seen a road rage incident without a cause and can only rely on anecdotes to prove such events exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthisle View Post
BTW at Burning Man a few years ago, idiots with layers caused permanent retina damage to several victims. One lady had a dark spot in the center of her vision and couldn't even read. Yet they refused to ban lasers for a long time "because lasers are cool".

DJs also love those stupid laser projector devices, which are completely unregulated and are capable of burning the retina. It's common for them to point them at the crowd, and even place them at eye level. "Because lasers are cool". I've tried to convince them not to use those devices, but they won't listen to reason. They're simply too stupid.
Maybe we should ban knives to the confines of one's kitchen as well while your at it, after all they are capable of far more damage and you don't NEED to carry them on your person. Here's some advice, don't go to concerts if you are so terrified of lasers or wear protective eyewear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive