Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 04:22 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,768,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
After you get the work done you may want to seriously consider a vehicle manufacturer you like and trade this vehicle in.
This has nothing to do with your problem. Any and all automobiles, can have a sudden small problem like this creep up on them, no matter what the make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2016, 06:53 PM

802 posts, read 1,367,395 times
i dont see why its surprising for some people when i start to question quality of the car when at 12K miles possible heater core failure and battery leaking acid. if it was some german car i wouldnt be surprised but i got toyota because i didnt want to spend my time at the dealership service.

no i didnt change cabin filter to fix the problem. i just changed it because it was dirty.

i really like the car just dont like these problems that are starting to show up.
i got another toyota also 2016 RAV-4 so far no problems but that one has only 1.5K miles on it.

returned 2014 civic and got 2016 camry SE. 2014 CR-V and got 2016 RAV4

lets see how things go after couple of years ( i have 3 year lease on both cars)
i might go back to Honda.

Old 11-20-2016, 01:56 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,257,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtrustates View Post
i dont see why its surprising for some people when i start to question quality of the car when at 12K miles possible heater core failure and battery leaking acid. if it was some german car i wouldnt be surprised but i got toyota because i didnt want to spend my time at the dealership service.

There is no such thing as a car that's guaranteed not to break.
All there are is warranties that guarantee that you don't have to pay.

Old 11-22-2016, 07:54 PM

4,412 posts, read 4,906,711 times
We had a Jeep and every time we first drove it for the day, after about 2.5 miles we could smell antifreeze. Then several minutes later the smell went away.

Long story short, about 2.5 miles from our house is a grove of a type of tree that emits that fragrance. We never smelled it in the sedan because of the hard top, but in the soft-top jeep the smell came in.

The moral of the story is, maybe the smell isn't antifreeze.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:17 PM

802 posts, read 1,367,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terracore View Post
We had a Jeep and every time we first drove it for the day, after about 2.5 miles we could smell antifreeze. Then several minutes later the smell went away.

Long story short, about 2.5 miles from our house is a grove of a type of tree that emits that fragrance. We never smelled it in the sedan because of the hard top, but in the soft-top jeep the smell came in.

The moral of the story is, maybe the smell isn't antifreeze.
no it dosnt matter where im driving i get the smell all the time when AC is on
with heat on never get any smell.

i wont be using AC this winter obviously so im planning to take it to the dealer around spring time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive