Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 07:59 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,171,657 times

Advertisements

A very naive post

Quote:
Sorry, but that is actually very naive.

Law enforcement agencies love to say that they're doing you a favor by sitting on the side of the road stuffing their face with donuts and collecting hundreds of dollars a pop from anyone who has anywhere to go, and you're eating it all up.
There not doing you a "favor" there enforcing the law IE doing their job.
So anyone who is going anywhere is going to get ticketed.

Quote:
Speeding tickets criminalize decent law-abiding citizens, especially when the courts act like you're wasting their precious time whenever you exercise your right to challenge the ticket.
False. is there a mandatory jail sentience handed down with a speeding ticket?
NO , just a fine, thus it is not a "crime".

and most of you are wasting the courts time as you were speeding but you think your "precious " so you should have your ticket thrown out or reduced.

Quote:
Also, speeding tickets cause feelings of contempt from the general populace against the cops that are supposed to be protecting them instead of punishing them..
Huunh??
SO when you do something wrong and get caught, it's not your fault but the fault someone caught you? Very naive.

They are protecting the rest of us from you and you from yourself.

Quote:
This is why so many people hate cops; to most of the general populace, their interaction with cops is limited to traffic stops that result in hefty fines. If their experience with cops was more positive, then there wouldn't be so much angst between the two groups.
So the cop should give you a pep talk and leave you feeling good about yourself after putting the rest of at risk with your arrogant speeding.

very naive.

Why are you so mad at the cop when they pull you over?
You did something wrong, not the cop.

I joke with them make small talk ask then if they want to buy a radar detector ,cheep. You have a better chance of getting a reduced ticket or a warring from the cop than the judge.

I speed, haven't had a speeding ticket in over 18yr. don't go over 5mph over in town and don't go over 10over on the open rural 4 lane highway, most of the time it's 5-7mph over
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 09:32 AM

1,009 posts, read 1,989,965 times
Yes.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:37 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
Sorry, but that is actually very naive.

Law enforcement agencies love to say that they're doing you a favor by sitting on the side of the road stuffing their face with donuts and collecting hundreds of dollars a pop from anyone who has anywhere to go, and you're eating it all up.

Speeding tickets criminalize decent law-abiding citizens, especially when the courts act like you're wasting their precious time whenever you exercise your right to challenge the ticket. Also, speeding tickets cause feelings of contempt from the general populace against the cops that are supposed to be protecting them instead of punishing them. This is why so many people hate cops; to most of the general populace, their interaction with cops is limited to traffic stops that result in hefty fines. If their experience with cops was more positive, then there wouldn't be so much angst between the two groups.
None of your post makes sense.

Tickets criminalize law-abiding citizens? If they were law-abiding, they wouldn't be speeding.

I don't hate cops. Even the ones who have ticketed me. It's called DOING THEIR JOB. Why would you hate someone for doing their job unless you were some immature anti-authoritarian, Ferris Bueller-loving teeniebopper?

Old 07-02-2012, 09:51 AM

1,302 posts, read 2,948,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
A very naive post
False. is there a mandatory jail sentience handed down with a speeding ticket?
NO , just a fine, thus it is not a "crime".
"Criminalize" apparently wasn't the correct word I was looking for, but my point is that there's no reason for cops to power trip and berate you when they pull you over, especially when their coffers are going to benefit from this ticket anyway.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:21 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,171,657 times
Again naive.
A fine for a speeding ticket can be dived up between the fed. state, county and or city depending where the ticket was written and under what ordnance.
A small amount of the fine goes to the Dept that wrote the ticket again the % changes with the jurisdiction and ordnance it is written under.

It seems you have a bit to learn about revenue generation and where the money really goes.
The police would have to write a lot more tickets to support them selves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
"Criminalize" apparently wasn't the correct word I was looking for, but my point is that there's no reason for cops to power trip and berate you when they pull you over, especially when their coffers are going to benefit from this ticket anyway.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:36 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,953,394 times
I certainly do and pretty much every driver here does aswell. It's just common courtesy

Old 07-02-2012, 10:47 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,578,205 times
I will always do what I can to warn a fellow motorist of an upcoming speedtrap so long as the motorist isnt driving like a complete A-hole. Here in NYC the speed limit is 55mph. I dont see why someone casually driving at 70 should be subjected to points and fines if he/she is driving in a professional manner and just keeping up with the flow of traffic.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:01 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Why does anyone even pay for a ticket these days?
Trial by written declaration and you're all good!

Old 07-02-2012, 11:01 AM

1,158 posts, read 1,737,358 times
No. If a motorist chooses to exceed the posted speed limit, so be it. If s/he gets a ticket, they will have to pay it, hire an attorney to fight it, or take defensive driving to dismiss it. How a total stranger spends his time and money is none of my business.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:28 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,377,872 times
The police are looking for the idiot who is actually putting the driving public at risk (rolling stop signs and lights, speeding, swerving, rapidly changing lanes, going slower-impeading the flow of regular traffic) these are all red flags and if your doing this your just asking to be stopped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive