Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 02:33 PM

3,862 posts, read 3,163,358 times

Advertisements

The only benz i have owned is an e320 95'. Hell of a ride, spring seats, felt like a v8 on the highway, classic lines.

I would like to get back into the MB, but dont want to pay that high price.thanks for the input on the cla.

Maybe i can get into an S, lightly used, for under $20k.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 06:50 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,319,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I always tell people why do you need 300HP in a small sedan for grocery shopping.
Because there is a long stretch between here and the grocery store.

Old 04-26-2017, 08:05 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,726,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapikap View Post
The only benz i have owned is an e320 95'. Hell of a ride, spring seats, felt like a v8 on the highway, classic lines.

I would like to get back into the MB, but dont want to pay that high price.thanks for the input on the cla.

Maybe i can get into an S, lightly used, for under $20k.
S as in S-Class? The big one? If so, you're only gonna get 2 of the 3 things I bolded.

A lightly used S won't be under $20K.
An S under $20K won't be lightly used (unless it's from 20 years ago or earlier).
A lightly used Benz under $20K... won't be an S.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:33 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,941,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
I love the interior of my 2016 C class MB.
My biggest issue with that interior is the display screen. Who the heck forgot to put the screen in the initial design? It's like they designed the interior and then were like "holy crap, we forgot the screen, let's just mount it here!!"

Love the interior, otherwise, but the car itself is just "meh" and not worth the money to me. But to be fair I feel that way about most of the small, entry level german cars. Start talking about Audi S6's, BMW 550's and CTS V-Sport's and now you've got my attention, though..

Old 04-26-2017, 10:40 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,438,859 times
For $20k, I'd look for an E-Class, 6-cylinder, since an S under $20k will be a later '00s S550 with 100k miles on it. The cost to run a regular E, i.e., non-AMG, is also much more reasonable than an S-Class. And, the recent E-Class sedans are larger than previous generations, so unless you really need the length of an S-Class for rear seat passengers.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 04-27-2017, 09:57 AM

6,579 posts, read 7,185,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamweasel View Post
My biggest issue with that interior is the display screen. Who the heck forgot to put the screen in the initial design? It's like they designed the interior and then were like "holy crap, we forgot the screen, let's just mount it here!!"

Love the interior, otherwise, but the car itself is just "meh" and not worth the money to me. But to be fair I feel that way about most of the small, entry level german cars. Start talking about Audi S6's, BMW 550's and CTS V-Sport's and now you've got my attention, though..
It is a C63S

Old 04-27-2017, 11:40 AM

3,524 posts, read 2,681,717 times
Quote:

For me it’s more than entry level with over 500 hp and over 500 lb-ft. The car is fast, responsive and exhilarating to drive. I don’t know many BMW or Audi that can keep up with this car. The car look unassuming until you step on the gas, then all hell breaks loose.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:47 AM

8,703 posts, read 11,108,218 times
Quote:
I think the same thing when I see that. Looks like someone slapped a cheap etch a sketch there

Old 04-29-2017, 10:20 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,858,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
I do not like them for long term reliability.
We are planning on going upscale for my wife's next car and keeping it.
I'm only looking at V6's.
We've had two turbo fours...one Saab (2005) and one Mazda (1989) ...both have been totally reliable and cheap to maintain. Both got to 150k miles or so. In fact we still have the Saab. The new fours should be at least as good. There is nothing inherently worse in a well built four...unless abused, most modern engines should go forever. Repairs tend to be in electronics, accessories, and other vehicle components.

BTW, I think the CLA is ... uh ... unattractive at best.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:01 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,275,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
We've had two turbo fours...one Saab (2005) and one Mazda (1989) ...both have been totally reliable and cheap to maintain. Both got to 150k miles or so. In fact we still have the Saab. The new fours should be at least as good. There is nothing inherently worse in a well built four...unless abused, most modern engines should go forever. Repairs tend to be in electronics, accessories, and other vehicle components.

BTW, I think the CLA is ... uh ... unattractive at best.
Turbo engines are more stressed, plus the turbo generates a lot of heat.
Nothing under the hood likes that heat. It will take its toll over time.
I had an '07 Saab myself and didn't have any problems. But it wasn't that old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive