Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 09:34 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,450,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
You may want to rethink your angle of approach instead of focusing on a chicks car to garnish attention... I don't think buying a chicks car will get you the results you want honestly... You may be mistaken for an Elton John or raise suspicion of being in the closet...

These 2 get tons of looks for me... Partially due to the exhaust on the half ton (headers, no cats, no mufflers) and the Bro Dozer stance of the 3/4 ton work truck. Both are LTZ Z71s(fully loaded every option you can think of). Half ton has a DVD player.

Or do the Snow bird midlife crisis thing. Buy another vette. Or a jag. Or a Heritage Harley LOL

Then theres always the new rebadged ford fusion=Lincoln MKZ. They're eh.
Most cars these days are eh. Feeble wheel drive econoboxes or midsized V6 feeble wheel drive/awd.

Most of my older friends who are well to do, divorced or wives passed away, all have muscle cars and hot rods for toys. Be it a 70 Chevelle to a new Challeneger. And fully loaded pickups for daily drivers. Seems to work for them...
"Rubber band" tires stretched over ghetto wheels make your truck look like a typical "gay" bro-truck. Ain't no smart "chicks" will bite this. I bet, you wear flat-bill "Fox" hats and blast Luke Bryan. It's a mall-crawler.

Last edited by gtt99; 04-28-2017 at 09:44 PM..

Old 04-28-2017, 09:46 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackopotamus View Post
Never buy a car to try to impress women.
No, you don't understand me. I don't impress women, I respect them as my superiors. Women are like smart men but minus the stupid hormonal decisions we men make.

I want to be more like the smart women I respect, and not like most men I know.

As a man my main goal is finding the right woman to surrender to. I totally buy into the SWMBO idea. I have seen the enemy and it is thinking with my testosterone.

I want a car like a smart chick would buy, not like a testosterone-driven man would buy. Women make better purchase decisions than men. At least with cars women who understand the subject and understand that auto salesmen are total liars.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:48 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtt99 View Post
"Rubber band" tires stretched over ghetto wheels make your truck look like a typical "gay" bro-truck. Ain't no smart "chicks" will bite this. I bet, you wear flat-bill "Fox" hat and blast Luke Bryan. It's a mall-crawler.
I dislike country music, for most of my life I called pickups "hick-up" trucks (yeah, derogatory, I know), and thought of little man syndrome people driving pickups.

I guess at 57 I went through a mid-life crisis, and a couple of weeks ago replaced my dying 2007 Chrysler 300C AWD Hemi (239k miles) with this:

I don't wear hats, and I listen to heavy metal music (Opeth, Dimmu Borgir, Exodus, etc). I gave up stereotypical thinking and got a truck useful to me. And thus far it's received a lot of compliments (both sexes).

Old 04-28-2017, 10:02 PM

Eaton that VW CC is totally kewl! I'm gonna look at one soon! Dude! (or dudette!) You are right I totally like, very classy! If the back seats fold flat for my dog that is totally a candidate!

The second car, I didn't understand the brand (American). Looks nice...

HWTechGuy I'll drop by the Nissan lot and look at Maximum SL +trim up.

Again PPL I am not into impressing women. I am impressed by women and accept that in many cases they make better decisions than men. I want to emulate them not impress them.

I have a sometimes GF who makes good decisions and in a few days I'll ask her too.

NY ref: Done trucks, been there, I want a car like a smart chick would buy, not a guy's truck.

Lux okay: Jettas, Passats, 3 Series.

This is NOT an approach to dating!!! PPL, it's an admission that as a man I see women many times making the best buy decisions! I want to emulate and be smart like a woman. Forget my male gonads.

To make it clear, I'm not buying a car to impress women. I'm impressed by women and want to make good decisions like them. This has nothing to do with my dating. It has everything to do with me trying to think like a woman and buy what a smart woman would buy. Please, dig it!

I like all kinds of music, mostly rock, pop, soul, jazz, even ambient, room, whatever, anything but rap and yet yesterday I heard some rap and almost tapped on the guy's window to see what artist but noticed he was asleep. What the hey? What's music got to do with it anyway? (Paraphrasing Tina Turner.)

No sir, no more pick-ups or 4x4s for me. Got my broheim who wants to replace his 4x4 4Runner (year older than mine) with a new, smaller SUV 4x4. Broheim and me can take road trips in his 4x4. He likes to drive, I don't. Best kind of bro to have!!!

Please, I'll take a pass on the testosterone. Give me estrogen (not literally), I'm a manly man. I just value that often the best man for the job is a woman!

I want a car like a smart, business woman would buy. I totally respect smart women. I want to be more like them!

Old 04-28-2017, 10:19 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,257,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Eaton that VW CC is totally kewl! I'm gonna look at one soon! Dude! (or dudette!) You are right I totally like, very classy! If the back seats fold flat for my dog that is totally a candidate!
I'm a dude. As for the rear seats...

Quote:
The second car, I didn't understand the brand (American). Looks nice...
The 2nd car is a Chevy Impala. It not only looks good, it is good.
Top rated by both Consumer Reports and in the US News car ranking. And it has a V6.

Quote:
I want a car like a smart, business woman would buy. I totally respect smart women. I want to be more like them!
Well, I hate to break this to ya, but you should buy a CUV because that's what women want.

Last edited by eaton53; 04-28-2017 at 10:38 PM..

Old 04-28-2017, 10:40 PM

Thanks for the advice. Dude! What is a CUV?

I don't want what women want me to have, I want what a smart woman would buy. I'm not into impressing them. I recognize and acknowledge their smarts. I just want to buy what a smart woman would buy. I'm tired of using my balls to pick a car.

I think a CUV is sort'a a small SUV. Compact SUV? I've done SUVs for 20+ years. I want something sleek, elegant, slick, slides through traffic and looks good, not something to haul freight and pack the family in. I'm already driving my last utility vehicle. Worst case I'll get a hatch back and carry rope. Or get my broheim to haul my freight. I used to do that for him for years when I had my SUV and he was driving a sedan.

Almost all my driving is alone except on dates or on road trips with my broheim.

And lastly, thank you everybody for your suggestions. I will really appreciate more if you are willing to help me more!

I wanna buy the car that a smart, single woman with a business would buy. Funny... That perfectly describes my sometimes GF. (She's a self-employed medical insurance agent. Works from her home.) I'll ask her for her advice too. She doesn't know yet I'm shopping for a new car. Funny also, would love to surprise her and pick her up for a date in my new ride!

Old 04-28-2017, 11:01 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,257,894 times
Quote:
What is a CUV?
A CUV is an SUV that is based on a car, not a truck.

Quote:
I don't want what women want me to have, I want what a smart woman would buy.
Women buy CUVs.

We've Got the Power: Women Are Driving Sales of SUVs | She Buys Cars

Old 04-28-2017, 11:01 PM

431 posts, read 352,400 times
Quote:
No, you don't understand me. I don't impress women, I respect them as my superiors. Women are like smart men but minus the stupid hormonal decisions we men make.

I want to be more like the smart women I respect, and not like most men I know.

As a man my main goal is finding the right woman to surrender to. I totally buy into the SWMBO idea. I have seen the enemy and it is thinking with my testosterone.

I want a car like a smart chick would buy, not like a testosterone-driven man would buy. Women make better purchase decisions than men. At least with cars women who understand the subject and understand that auto salesmen are total liars.

Wow! You've got issues!

Old 04-28-2017, 11:28 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,150,000 times
I'd take a long look at a Subaru or Toyota-something. If you want a hot little couple the BRZ and stablemate from Toyota...similar parts, I believe...are pretty cool and reasonably priced. They correctly figured out that a small car with hot yet small engine, at reasonable price, will reel in lots of buyers 20s to 40s or whatever their demographic is. Priced in your range, if not cheaper, from new.

Otherwise, I'd still cruise the inventory of those two brands, because I like their dealer experience here in the PacNW. In fact I keep sending one Toyota dealer more business, he concluded a deal with my female friend in February on a used Durango that was quite reasonable. Experience matters to me these days, which is why I'm staying away from Nissan at the moment and cozying up with Porsche and Toyota.

If you were feeling sassy, I'd say a 5-10 y.o. Porsche 911 -something would fit your needs. They have flashy to non in the lineup, Lava Orange to Seal Gray. The modern 991.2 series $200K Turbo S's are something Darth Vader would proudly drive, in a wake of smoke and flame. However, the Cayman and (much better) Cayman S are favored by chicks and starter Porsche owners. They're actually badass cars that few see coming. Colleague of mine bought a used, CPO Cayman S in yellow for his wife, at your price point, she loves it. He steals the keys half the time, preferring it to his older 3-series (also a nice car). My 991.1 911 GTS leaves it for dead, but that's not a fair fight nor was it intended by Porsche to be: different demographics, rich and fat midlife crisis guys like me vs. a younger crowd just on the up-and-coming.

PS: women tell me they find my Tacoma X-Runner slightly "dangerous" or "sinister" once they've gotten to know me; it's all murdered-out head to toe, with aftermarket lighting. Likewise my Guards Red Porsche with wing, ground effects, and murdered-out center lock wheels. They impress no one but me or other swingin' dicks. Nor do Corvettes, Vipers, all that. Just the opposite, actually. So OP is actually mostly right; I'd go with something stealthy yet with a hint of elan and panache...like that I've mentioned above...that marks you as "safe" from the get-go. That's what they're mostly about when it comes to dating anyway...a "safe" guy. So they say, though the reality is quite different for some once they know you and enjoy those fast jaunts in the countryside in a fun car *at least* as much as I do. Women are sly that way, which is a good thing end of the day.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:48 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,883,162 times
OP, you're making me laugh. Now I must stuff you in a gym locker.

Please take it personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive