Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 05:36 AM

669 posts, read 585,874 times

Advertisements

Purchased a 2016 Accord the last week of 2016. I got a great price on it! It has been garaged and only driven on weekends. 10k miles on it. Now...I would like to trade it in for a CRV. I have hinted to my salesman my desire to trade it...he reminds of the great price the Dealership gave me on the Accord. Would my trade-in power be better handled at a different dealer? I want the best $$ I can get in my trade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 06:12 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,291,428 times
The price you paid for the car is irrelevant. The car is worth, what the car is worth.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:16 AM

9,884 posts, read 11,008,284 times
Tell the salesman "Yes, I got a great deal on the Accord, and I expect an even better deal on the CRV!"
If he low-balls you on the trade-in value, walk away.
Then go buy a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:18 AM

9,387 posts, read 7,016,792 times
Keep the acccord you’ll be glad you did.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:59 AM

669 posts, read 585,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Keep the acccord you’ll be glad you did.

Love my Accord..miss having a crossover. But I tend to agree with you..esp since I still owe on it. I just feel so “small”next to semi trucks on the interstate. Yes, I am careful.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:02 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,649,172 times
You will take a bath on the Accord. Probably not worth what you want for it. Try to sell it yourself. You will have a better chance of getting somewhere near what you want for the car. Do your research and find something similar from local dealers. That should tell you about what you should ask for the car.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:13 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,637,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLgaltoo View Post
Love my Accord..miss having a crossover. But I tend to agree with you..esp since I still owe on it. I just feel so “small”next to semi trucks on the interstate. Yes, I am careful.
Long-time Accord owner who bought a 2nd generation CRV in 2003, and it's still going strong. I love this
vehicle so much! With the seats up, I can fit in a bike and camping gear or seats down, I can take my friends and all their bags to the airport, but the costs to run and maintain it aren't nearly as much as a full-size SUV.

I agree with selling the Accord yourself. That said, do it soon if you are on the freeway. I'm regularly on I-80 and I-35 . . . I wouldn't want anything smaller.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:23 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,714 posts, read 81,563,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
You will take a bath on the Accord. Probably not worth what you want for it. Try to sell it yourself. You will have a better chance of getting somewhere near what you want for the car. Do your research and find something similar from local dealers. That should tell you about what you should ask for the car.
Yes, you have kept it just long enough to have the value take the biggest drop. Though Honda values stay higher than most cars, they still take a big hit the first 2 years.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:27 AM

4,834 posts, read 5,757,069 times
Detach yourself from what you paid for the Accord. That is a sunk cost and you won’t be getting anything ear that especially trading it in.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:36 AM

529 posts, read 1,206,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLgaltoo View Post
Purchased a 2016 Accord the last week of 2016. I got a great price on it! It has been garaged and only driven on weekends. 10k miles on it. Now...I would like to trade it in for a CRV. I have hinted to my salesman my desire to trade it...he reminds of the great price the Dealership gave me on the Accord. Would my trade-in power be better handled at a different dealer? I want the best $$ I can get in my trade.
I doubt that your previous purchase at the dealership will affect the pricing. In fact, I can just imagine the dealership using your loyalty against you! That being said, if you like your dealership a lot, then maybe it's worth it to pay a little more to buy there. Still, you should shop around for the best deal - Do it by email.

Keep in mind that the 2016 accord is now the old previous model, which will affect the value. Another strike against your Accord is that sedans are less popular nowadays, and crossovers like the CRV are very popular.

If you are trading-in AND financing, then be extra alert on the purchase and finance paperwork to make sure a dealer isn't dishonest with the numbers. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive