Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 07:31 AM

496 posts, read 446,286 times

Advertisements

This week I was driving to work, doing 45 in 45 MPH. I knew there was a school bus ahead with a few stops so I was being pretty cautious. There was nobody anywhere near behind me. I got to a blind curve with a solid line and this BMW comes up behind me and passes me doing about 55, blind curve can't see. I knew the bus stop was right around the curve with a few cars behind the bus. They get around the curve and slam on brakes. I just shook my head and said, ok, and how much time did that save you? They weren't able to pass anyone else but me.

Then another time, on this same road, I was trying to pull out, but thought the oncoming cars were too close. This dude in a Honda sneaks around me, and I was about to pull out and he makes a right in front of me. I almost hit him! I just laid on the horn.

There's another intersection near there, at the highway. Left lane turn left, center go straight, right turn right. I was in the left lane approaching the red light with no one in front of me. This guy in a big Dodge truck, comes up behind me, and revs up his engine and cuts right in front of me, when there's maybe 20 feet to the red light.

Then a few days later, I'm in same left lane behind some cars that are stopped at same light. The same truck comes zooming up and gets in the center lane with nobody in front of him, and puts on his left turn signal. When the light turned green, he made an illegal left turn, in the center lane in front of everyone who was in the correct lane. They also used to constantly weave in traffic. Fortunately I haven't seen them lately, maybe they got their license revoked.

Also, many times I've been on a highway where it merged from two lanes in each direction to one. Twice, I had BMW drivers pass me at the last minute. It's like, you had miles to pass me where it was legal. Why here at the last minute?

Finally, there's an intersection near me where it goes from three to two lanes after the signal. I'm constantly seeing drivers get in the right most lane, knowing full well it merges, in order to go around everyone else. In fact, it's gotten so annoying, that I purposely get into the left most lane just to avoid all of that nonense. Because they always want to merge in at the last minute. Granted, some may not know that it merges, but it's pretty obvious, not to mention they intentionally get in that lane even after the signal and speed up around everyone.

It's like, why can't people just wait and be decent human beings like everyone else on the road. I don't care what kind of car you have, it doesn't give you any more right to the road than anyone else, especially when you aren't obeying the laws.

Just had to get that all off my chest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 08:02 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Why do people do stupid stuff in traffic?

Because stupid has few if any limits where it's committed.

Old 03-09-2019, 08:53 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,871,500 times
It seems like they become different people when behind the wheel....most likely the young males, but includes women too.

Impatience, self importance, focus on personal issues instead of safety while driving...

Old 03-09-2019, 09:37 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsgoingon4 View Post
This week I was driving to work, doing 45 in 45 MPH. I knew there was a school bus ahead with a few stops so I was being pretty cautious. There was nobody anywhere near behind me. I got to a blind curve with a solid line and this BMW comes up behind me and passes me doing about 55, blind curve can't see. I knew the bus stop was right around the curve with a few cars behind the bus. They get around the curve and slam on brakes. I just shook my head and said, ok, and how much time did that save you? They weren't able to pass anyone else but me.

Then another time, on this same road, I was trying to pull out, but thought the oncoming cars were too close. This dude in a Honda sneaks around me, and I was about to pull out and he makes a right in front of me. I almost hit him! I just laid on the horn.

There's another intersection near there, at the highway. Left lane turn left, center go straight, right turn right. I was in the left lane approaching the red light with no one in front of me. This guy in a big Dodge truck, comes up behind me, and revs up his engine and cuts right in front of me, when there's maybe 20 feet to the red light.

Then a few days later, I'm in same left lane behind some cars that are stopped at same light. The same truck comes zooming up and gets in the center lane with nobody in front of him, and puts on his left turn signal. When the light turned green, he made an illegal left turn, in the center lane in front of everyone who was in the correct lane. They also used to constantly weave in traffic. Fortunately I haven't seen them lately, maybe they got their license revoked.

Also, many times I've been on a highway where it merged from two lanes in each direction to one. Twice, I had BMW drivers pass me at the last minute. It's like, you had miles to pass me where it was legal. Why here at the last minute?

Finally, there's an intersection near me where it goes from three to two lanes after the signal. I'm constantly seeing drivers get in the right most lane, knowing full well it merges, in order to go around everyone else. In fact, it's gotten so annoying, that I purposely get into the left most lane just to avoid all of that nonense. Because they always want to merge in at the last minute. Granted, some may not know that it merges, but it's pretty obvious, not to mention they intentionally get in that lane even after the signal and speed up around everyone.

It's like, why can't people just wait and be decent human beings like everyone else on the road. I don't care what kind of car you have, it doesn't give you any more right to the road than anyone else, especially when you aren't obeying the laws.

Just had to get that all off my chest?

Move to Florida and you will see every dumb driver that ever sat behind a steering wheel. They move here from all over the world, and all of them have learned different rules about how to drive, so we see it all down here. Couple that with people who text and talk on their phones while driving, and you have a recipe for disaster. I hate to take any of my good cars out during the day because I have to worry about some idiot running into me.

Old 03-09-2019, 09:56 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,871,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Move to Florida and you will see every dumb driver that ever sat behind a steering wheel. They move here from all over the world, and all of them have learned different rules about how to drive, so we see it all down here. Couple that with people who text and talk on their phones while driving, and you have a recipe for disaster. I hate to take any of my good cars out during the day because I have to worry about some idiot running into me.

Hee hee....we used to tease FL drivers when they were driving in the NC mts., they just could not make those curves after FL straight roads...

Old 03-09-2019, 09:58 AM

8,343 posts, read 6,436,914 times
I'll bet that the OP is one of those guys who enters the freeway at 40 mph and takes a half mile to get up to speed.

Old 03-09-2019, 11:06 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
It seems like they become different people when behind the wheel....most likely the young males, but includes women too.

Impatience, self importance, focus on personal issues instead of safety while driving...

add to this list that these people remove their brains when they get behind the wheel.

Old 03-09-2019, 11:59 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,525,380 times
No Common Sense

Vehicles today take little no effort to drive, 3000lbs of deadly material
being guided by someone texting or talking to their bookie

Old 03-09-2019, 12:10 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,263,996 times
Because people think they’re anonymous in a metal and glass enclosure.

Old 03-09-2019, 12:31 PM

3,319 posts, read 2,342,240 times
A combination of stupidity and selfishness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive