Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2019, 01:21 PM

29,616 posts, read 14,758,603 times

Advertisements

Ran across this guys youtube channel and he is absolutely brilliant ! He is paving the way for the future of hot rodding. There are some other companies that are doing EV conversions but they are high end , extremely expensive builds. This guy is working out of his garage.

While I'm not an EV guy yet, I do love the Tesla's and someday I will have one as a second vehicle (have to have a full size truck) and would love some vintage iron with an EV drive train. This guy is going to make it easier for those of us that might try it.

https://youtu.be/NuAMczraBIM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2019, 06:36 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,699 posts, read 81,510,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Ran across this guys youtube channel and he is absolutely brilliant ! He is paving the way for the future of hot rodding. There are some other companies that are doing EV conversions but they are high end , extremely expensive builds. This guy is working out of his garage.

While I'm not an EV guy yet, I do love the Tesla's and someday I will have one as a second vehicle (have to have a full size truck) and would love some vintage iron with an EV drive train. This guy is going to make it easier for those of us that might try it.

https://youtu.be/NuAMczraBIM

I watch a lot of car related shows especially those doing restoration on the Motor Trend channel. There have recently been several shows where someone converted a classic to EV. I remember that one was a 67 Mustang, (he could burn rubber from now until next Tuesday) another a 1964 Lincoln Continental. In every case it was done not for the savings in gas or the environmental benefits, it was for the torque.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:00 AM

29,616 posts, read 14,758,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I watch a lot of car related shows especially those doing restoration on the Motor Trend channel. There have recently been several shows where someone converted a classic to EV. I remember that one was a 67 Mustang, (he could burn rubber from now until next Tuesday) another a 1964 Lincoln Continental. In every case it was done not for the savings in gas or the environmental benefits, it was for the torque.
I'm also going to say it was done for the cool factor. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have a twin turbo LS motor in pretty much anything but the EV thing is sort of cool, and the power to size ratio is much less than a I/C engine.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,661,154 times
I watched a video of a guy converting a 2004 Saturn Vue into full electric, he claimed it was pretty easy and cheap do pull it off on the Vue.

Old 08-15-2019, 01:13 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,783 posts, read 58,251,797 times
I didn't see any EV's at Bonneville Speed week 2019 (I may have missed one considering the huge numbers of players on the Salt)

I did appreciate seeing some serious coal rolling! but yesterday they didn't break their own 228 mph record (only 208mph IIRC)
https://www.hotrod.com/articles/v16-...ng-bonneville/

Old 08-16-2019, 11:21 AM

15,820 posts, read 20,604,423 times
BTW, here's his actual channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfV...8KJADuZT2ct4SA

But yeah, pretty cool to see "hot-rodding" continue on, but I gotta admit it does require a different skillset when electronics and computers are involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive