Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 02:40 PM

23,575 posts, read 18,722,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
If they sit in their cars for 20 minutes, that means they get to stare at their phones for 20 minutes. If they have to walk in, that means they'd have to take their eyes off their phones for 45 seconds. And there are many who simply cannot take their eyes off of their phones for 45 seconds.

--
LOL you're underestimating people. I've literally had people walk into me with their head buried in their phone. A robber would be such an easy career now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2021, 02:49 PM

23,310 posts, read 18,852,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
LOL you're underestimating people. I've literally had people walk into me with their head buried in their phone.
I recall watching more than one person walk straight into a pillar in front of an airport while I waited for my cab. A couple of them even ended up sitting on the ground. At least they learned a lesson...the phone was no longer a distraction after it hit the pavement. Totally oblivious to the world around them.

Old 04-16-2021, 02:53 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,000,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
I recall watching more than one person walk straight into a pillar in front of an airport while I waited for my cab. A couple of them even ended up sitting on the ground. At least they learned a lesson...the phone was no longer a distraction after it hit the pavement. Totally oblivious to the world around them.
Are you sure about that? I'll bet they're looking at their phones as I write this....(on a laptop)

--

Old 04-16-2021, 02:55 PM

23,310 posts, read 18,852,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
Are you sure about that? I'll bet they're looking at their phones as I write this....(on a laptop)

--
You're too quick for me! Meant to edit that foolishly naive remark to read "at least that phone was no longer a distraction once it hit the pavement"!

Old 04-16-2021, 02:58 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,420,277 times
Worse offence I have seen is some guy who has already bought his gas still siting in the gas up spot USING HIS CELL PHONE evidently doing some kind of "important business call" the entire time I am behind him wanting to buy gas.

Old 04-16-2021, 04:14 PM

1,559 posts, read 1,049,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr78609 View Post
Worse offence I have seen is some guy who has already bought his gas still siting in the gas up spot USING HIS CELL PHONE evidently doing some kind of "important business call" the entire time I am behind him wanting to buy gas.
I was behind a car at a convenience store/gas station, in 90 degree heat, pulling a trailer, when the guy finished pumping, then left his car to go inside and order food. The lot was too congested for me to attempt backing up with the trailer in tow.

Old 04-16-2021, 04:50 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,969,066 times
I have my groceries delivered since the pandemic. My main complaint in parking lots in my former life before Covid was parents wandering out with little children. Pushing their grocery cart chatting while children walk hither and yon. Then loading their groceries before placing their children safely in their vehicle or holding to them. Dad or mom finally look around and round up kids. This is so dangerous as some drivers speed through the lot.

Old 04-16-2021, 06:37 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
I was behind a car at a convenience store/gas station, in 90 degree heat, pulling a trailer, when the guy finished pumping, then left his car to go inside and order food. The lot was too congested for me to attempt backing up with the trailer in tow.
Or they go inside to buy cigarettes and beer.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:22 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I'm getting so annoyed by so many entitled people lately in any parking lot.

- People who sit in their running cars and won't leave in a super market parking lot.
- People who takes forever to get into their cars and unloading their groceries.
- People who walks to their car and proceed to sit inside smoking a cig or drinking and won't tell people they aren't leaving the spot.
- People who has to adjust their mirrors, fix their hair and make up before pulling their car out
- People who just walk in front of you while you are trying to back out of the parking spot and blame you for not looking.
You really need a hobby, don't you.

Old 04-16-2021, 09:37 PM

61,729 posts, read 87,147,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
You really need a hobby, don't you.
Complaining could be a hobby...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive