Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 09:03 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
ShelbyGirl1, don't forget; if you forget to turn OFF your blinker, you might run out of blinker fluid...

BOT: Yep, ya mean like the stunt driver I encountered this morning??? A Budget rental truck pulling a car trailer passed me and I blinked my lights when he'd safely cleared me. He signaled, came over then blinked his lights "thanks". No sooner than all this took place, a Chevy Aveo cuts between us (no signal), stomps on his brakes, then exits at the next off-ramp.
That's where the .50 caliber comes in handy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 09:05 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Cat, Cat, Cat .....

First, you have to understand why some of us refuse to use our signals. you know me - I'm a native Californian. Have pretty much ALWAYS used my turn signals. Didn't have any reason not to.

Then, I moved to Texas - home of the rudest drivers I've ever seen anywhere in the world - and I've traveled extensively. I had California plates on my car while in Texas (I wasn't there that long). In Texas, if you are a Californian and you signal your intent to change lanes or exit the freeway, they speed up and will not let you make your lane change. Texas is where I learned NOT to use my turn signals. You NEVER want to tip off the enemy to your next move.

Now that I'm back in California, the use of my turn signals has been restored.

They have nothing over the Virginia vegetable-heads.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:22 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,079 times
In Boston, the use of blinkers is a sign of character weakness....

I got pulled over in NH a couple of weeks ago for not using a turn signal. It was at a red light and I was in the right turn lane which has to turn right. He gave me a warning...

Old 03-05-2009, 10:26 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
The worst I have seen is in Florida...the perfect storm of foreigners driving rental cars, old people and then the younger natives that drive very fast and aggressively because they are used to negotiating their way past the first two groups and are perpetually frustrated. lol.

Around the KC metro area it's typically guys in ricers and 20 something women driving pickups that seem to be the aggressive idiots....plus all the normal minivan drivers and people incapable of cellphone use while driving.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:13 PM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Default yes it does

Problems with the simultaneous single blink/ lane change. "Yes officer I used my blinker when I changed lanes"

Sits at light, no blinker, light changes blinker comes on....could have avoided pulling up behind you a long ways back and gone by in the slow lane.

Sitting at stop sign on rural road, car comming on a 1/4 mile straight away. He must be going straight so I'll just sit here. 30 feet from the intersection the blinker comes on.

Confirmed, detest drivers who misuse their blinkers

Old 03-05-2009, 02:11 PM

1,720 posts, read 6,727,876 times
Happens daily here in Los Angeles. A lot of the times it is someone in a 2007+ new car...and expensive($35k+)....can't buy brains or common sense. One of the CEOs or something of a company in my work(not my company) cut me off as I was going straight and he made a right turn in front of me. No signal, not that he needed one in a parking lot...then didn't signal while turning out of the lot. Then proceeded to run a stop sign as a truck, who had stopped and was waiting, almost hit him. He was driving a 2009 Maserati...what a douche bag. I think it pisses me off more when someone in an expensive car does it...it's like they think they own the road, or are too caught up in being somebody "important" or something. A new car came with blinkers...USE EM!

Old 03-05-2009, 02:19 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry For Cheese View Post
Happens daily here in Los Angeles. A lot of the times it is someone in a 2007+ new car...and expensive($35k+)....can't buy brains or common sense. One of the CEOs or something of a company in my work(not my company) cut me off as I was going straight and he made a right turn in front of me. No signal, not that he needed one in a parking lot...then didn't signal while turning out of the lot. Then proceeded to run a stop sign as a truck, who had stopped and was waiting, almost hit him. He was driving a 2009 Maserati...what a douche bag. I think it pisses me off more when someone in an expensive car does it...it's like they think they own the road, or are too caught up in being somebody "important" or something. A new car came with blinkers...USE EM!
That was probably a stolen vehicle and he was running from the cops - hence not stopping at the stop signs and lack of signaling and cutting people off.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:19 PM

472 posts, read 740,775 times
Even if they use their blinkers, I never believe they really mean it.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:23 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,657,526 times
Too many people when they are driving are inconsiderate and borderline dangerous. What else is new?

Old 03-05-2009, 02:34 PM

285 posts, read 927,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Cat, Cat, Cat .....

First, you have to understand why some of us refuse to use our signals. you know me - I'm a native Californian. Have pretty much ALWAYS used my turn signals. Didn't have any reason not to.

Then, I moved to Texas - home of the rudest drivers I've ever seen anywhere in the world - and I've traveled extensively. I had California plates on my car while in Texas (I wasn't there that long). In Texas, if you are a Californian and you signal your intent to change lanes or exit the freeway, they speed up and will not let you make your lane change. Texas is where I learned NOT to use my turn signals. You NEVER want to tip off the enemy to your next move.

Now that I'm back in California, the use of my turn signals has been restored.

It has been awhile since I have been to Texas and even California for that matter. The place I found to be the rudest is Miami, Florida...It is bad down there. The last time I was there was about 4-5 years ago. I was a truck driver then and I was always getting cut off, ran off the road...you name it I've seen it.

I signal, I always have. I figured in this country of ours, the PRIVILAGE of driving an automobile, those around me deserve the right to know what I intend on doing as I'm driving down the road so then they can determine what they want to do.

Many people think that it is a right to drive. WRONG! It is a privilage, I wish for the day that people would realize what it truly is. There is alot of needed education for those that choose to think that they have a right to drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive