Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2007, 06:39 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,587,071 times

Advertisements

West Monroe, LA (AHN) - Police arrested a West Monroe man for driving a lawn mower while intoxicated over the weekend. Ouachita Parish sheriff's deputies booked Larry Minniefield on one count of driving while under the influence of alcohol and driving an unsafe vehicle.

The 48-year-old man was later freed on $650 bond after he was booked into Ouachita Correctional Center. The matter came into picture when deputies were working another complaint Friday night and noticed Minniefield drive by on a John Deere lawnmower.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7007064059 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 08:28 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,406,757 times
Thats stupid and funny. Why would you take it on the road ? My father in law lives on 16 acres and i love to get drunk and drive his mower around!

Old 04-18-2007, 11:12 AM

282 posts, read 1,264,094 times
In the town that I live in, that happens all the time. When the bars were open inside the village limits, you'd see at least 3 or 4 riding lawn mowers parked outside.

I love the country!

Old 04-19-2007, 04:13 AM

926 posts, read 1,460,219 times
Life...it's difficult to get into a situation that SOMEBODY hasn't done, or been in, before.
I had a cousin who lived in a dry county in KY, (don't use the KY jelly on toast, it tastes horrible), and he got busted DUI so many times that he lost his license for life. My mother called me a few years ago and told me that Jethro, (name changed to protect the imbicile), got bust DUI on his riding lawnmower. She said that this was his main mode of transportation and was going to the store when he got busted. Mind you, Jethro never worked a day in his life so I could only imagine that this mower was not a brand new Toro. I asked Mom if the mower had a confederate flag flying with a gun rack mounted to the back, and if he had the number 3 on it anywhere. I also asked her if he had the blades down and tried to flee the cops. "You'll never take me alive Coppers...Yee HAW!!"

Old 04-19-2007, 08:59 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Was his name George Jones?

This reminds me of something that happened several years ago at our old house during our block party. We started this annual block party on our culdesac. We were all great friends and so it would be all of us neighbors and all of our friends. It was GREAT! We would block of the circle, haul out the bbq's, lawn chairs, folding tables for the food, kids bikes, etc and had a great time. One year we were all out there having a great time (had to be well over 50 people) and we heard this racket of a noise and looked down the street. Here comes this man w/ no shirt on riding a riding lawn mower w/ two kids hanging off of it. This was NOT a new mower either as the racket was something awful. We all froze and stood watching as he came chugging down the street. He pulled up, killed it and got off. The guy was already plastered. He started walking around saying hi and went over to the tables w/ all the food spread out. He then proceeded to walk down the table and eat using the utensil that was in each item. No one could say a thing as I think we were all numb and in shock. We had all already eaten (whew.........) and after that no one ate anything. He walked up to one of our friends and said, "I never knew I had neighbors like this". Uh, YOU DON'T! From that day on we all referred to him as "Tractor Man". Neighbors and friends would all say from that day on, "I saw "Tractor Man" at the store yesterday". I don't think the guy even remembered what went on that day and we moved not too long after that. LOL!!!

Old 04-19-2007, 10:22 AM

1,343 posts, read 5,168,659 times
Reminded me of that Vince Gill song...

Firts she hid my glasses
cause she knows that I cant see
She said you aint goin nowhere boy
til you spend a little time with me
Then the boys called from the honky tonk
Said theres a party goin on down here
Well she mightve took my car keys
But she forgot about my old john deere

Old 04-20-2007, 12:50 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
Whats easier..driving a lawn mower around town or driving backwards to and from the store? My brother used to like driving backwards all over the place when he was drunk. He did that one too many times until they locked him up. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive