Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 02:29 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,266,248 times

Advertisements

^yeah...not much to it.

I think where I sort of lose grasp of this is when some folks jump in and start saying that they need to be in a 5 pt harness seat until they are that age. Must have some tiny kids then...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 03:41 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,520,819 times
I wonder how long it will be until they install belts on School Bus's

Old 09-01-2009, 03:50 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
I wonder how long it will be until they install belts on School Bus's
Um, actually THAT is underway. I thought they were already doing it or had done it over the summer and all of the school buses here had to have them.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josmchicago View Post
My car is a 2005 and it has a sensor... people just need to use common sense. If you have an airbag that will go off in the front seat, then don't put a kid there.
Sadly, too many people don't have that and/or use it. I've seen highly educated well off parents put their small kids in the front seat. I've also seen moms sitting in the backseat of even high end luxury vehicles w/ their babies out of the infant seat feeding them while dad is driving. Common sense went out the window a LONG time ago. Anyone trying to say it is usually the lower income demographics that don't put their kids in the proper seat in a moving vehicle hasn't paid much attention to what is going on around them. I've seen it all.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Um, actually THAT is underway. I thought they were already doing it or had done it over the summer and all of the school buses here had to have them.
I was thinking that there was a new law or some sort of initiative started in Missouri regarding safety belts in school busses....thought I may have actually seen it on C-D.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:09 PM

2,324 posts, read 7,623,028 times
Default Catch 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
I was thinking that there was a new law or some sort of initiative started in Missouri regarding safety belts in school busses....thought I may have actually seen it on C-D.
States have the toughest seat belt laws for children but 1/3 of them have absolutely no law at all for children, or adults, riding in the back of a pickup truck. Had an accident recently in my city where the father had his kids in the back of the pickup, hit another car head on and threw a daughter 50 feet though the air and killed her. Still no outrage that she would have had to be buckled up inside the pickup but not outside. I guess the legislature thinks it might offend.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:18 PM

^yeah no kidding. If you're on the farm doing work sometimes it's just convienient to hop in the back for the trip across the field....

...but as far as going down the hwy....without a doubt, there should be laws.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
States have the toughest seat belt laws for children but 1/3 of them have absolutely no law at all for children, or adults, riding in the back of a pickup truck. Had an accident recently in my city where the father had his kids in the back of the pickup, hit another car head on and threw a daughter 50 feet though the air and killed her. Still no outrage that she would have had to be buckled up inside the pickup but not outside. I guess the legislature thinks it might offend.
This one pisses me off. Here in Texas it is illegal for a person under a certain age to be riding in the back of a pickup. I want to say the age is 13 or 16. I can't remember now. It has been in place for a good while. I'd say well over 10 years.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:49 AM

2 posts, read 4,178 times
Default TEXAS another Nanny State

Sounds like Texas is following California like a flock of sheep. Welcome to Nanny State #2.
Squido

Old 10-16-2009, 08:34 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
I didn't see that and have to agree the law needs to have some common sense and not restrict all because of the reckless actions on a some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive