Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2009, 05:21 PM

119 posts, read 227,412 times

Advertisements

I get a Black & Decker jump starter for my Nissan sentra, I did not use it yet!
I don`t know if this is the best jump starter; I am not very knowlegeable about this!
Any advice will be appreciated.

Note: If it`s not good , I will return it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2009, 07:49 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,376,903 times
Black-n-Decker makes a very good product for the most part. I wouldn't think this is something you will be using alot, so I think it will suit you just fine.

Is this one of the portable/hand held boost chargers? or 1 that you plug in and let charge overnight?

Either way, when all else fails. Read the owners manual

Old 10-11-2009, 04:41 PM

119 posts, read 227,412 times
I believe it is the 1 that you plug in and let charge overnight?
I am thinking to return it because I will not use it, only when my battery fail, and according to the instruction; I have to charge it every 60 days, ...it`s more work for me!

Old 10-11-2009, 05:12 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,370,875 times
When my friend called AAA, the guy that came used a Black and Decker to jump his car. I don't know which model, but it worked pretty easily. It's supposed to be better than connecting to another car. You don't know when your battery fails, so you have to put it in the trunk and remember to charge when it needs it, but when you need it then you can easier jump your own car.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:21 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,268,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emylie View Post
I get a Black & Decker jump starter for my Nissan sentra, I did not use it yet!
I don`t know if this is the best jump starter; I am not very knowlegeable about this!
Any advice will be appreciated.

Note: If it`s not good , I will return it!
Well I've got one of these:
Black & Decker Power Tools

And it's never let me down and saved my back side on several occasions.

Looks like you just got a regular no frills jump box. Did you get the 300 or 450 amp model? Mine's a 450 amp and works great.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:28 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,268,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emylie View Post
I believe it is the 1 that you plug in and let charge overnight?
I am thinking to return it because I will not use it, only when my battery fail, and according to the instruction; I have to charge it every 60 days, ...it`s more work for me!
What's the scout modo?

"Always be prepared"

If you return it are you prepared for your battery to crap out on you in the dead of winter? Are you prepared for that time you forget and leave your lights on? Are you prepared for when your neighbor is stranded with a dead battery and needs help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive