Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 07:10 AM

206 posts, read 571,772 times

Advertisements

Need to know if you can get certification at home? I don't have the time to go to school as I work two jobs. Can I get it online or through the mail?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 08:45 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,873,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Btrja View Post
Need to know if you can get certification at home? I don't have the time to go to school as I work two jobs. Can I get it online or through the mail?
No. You have to register for any tests you want to take in September, then the tests are given in November. Repeats again in the spring.

When I have to recertify, I go to a nearby community college. You cannot take the tests at home. You can take the tests online but you still have to register and go to the place they designate. The only advantage of online testing is that you get your results immedeately after taking the tests vs waiting for them to grade and mail you the results.That takes about six weeks. Online testing is also more expensive.

You also have to have two years (maybe more now) verifiable hands on experience working for an auto repair business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive