Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2012, 02:29 PM

527 posts, read 2,168,853 times

Advertisements

I am traveling out of USA this weekend.
I have two 12" digital photo frames which i wish to carry and i have currently put them in my checked baggage. But i fear it might be damaged i transit and want to take these frames in my carry on (one frame per carry on bag). I will be putting clothes around it so the vibrations have little effect on the frame.
The frame is exactly like the below link

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=PANR120

If you see the second picture, there is a 12" actual frame which displays pictures then there is a glass and then there is the actual outer frame which is supposedly to give some show (aesthetic reasons). So actual size of entire thing comes to 14" or so.
I checked TSA website and there on right side there is "When I Fly,Can I Bring My...?" I put "frame" there and found that frames with glass and digital photo frames can be kept in carry on as well.
But i wanted to get some suggestions from people here whether i can keep the frames in the carry on as i intend to do that ?

@Mods
If this thread does not belong here but the travel forum, please move it there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 07:42 AM

8,048 posts, read 12,761,708 times
You should be fine although they may make you remove the frame from the bag and run it through the x-ray separate.

I just got back from a trip- they made me take my laptop out of its bag.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:43 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,511,840 times
Of course you can put it in your carry on - why wouldn't you?

If it's on the TSA's website, then nothing any random person on the Internet says really matters. Just print out a copy of the page from their website and bring it with you if you're really concerned.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:59 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
I flew with a 9" digital photo frame about a month ago. I used TSA-Precheck so they didn't make me take the frame (or my laptop) out. But they sure did let me have it onboard.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:31 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,771,662 times
As long as you're not planning to turn it on during takeoff or landing, there is no problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation