Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 04:57 AM

123 posts, read 243,279 times

Advertisements

I recently had to choose UAL or Air China for a marathon trip. The clincher was the instant noodles served on UAL on a 14 hour flight. The grandmothers, err I mean flight attendants came by and added water....that was a meal. I find the www.skytrax.com rankings to be quite accurate. Asiana is awesome, and so is ANA.....I don't give a rat's ass about their English abilities....they know what a heineken is, and they know how to look beautiful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 09:20 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
That is Business Class (usually available on international flights). It WAS fine, but now has gone overboard, (Expense and amenities.

I would like to have them seat HUGE people in rows together so they quit squishing us skinny mini's.

I am grateful for SWA advantage. Free bags, free changes, free seating (and fast loading).
We do SWA Advantage when possible. We get seated well, and everything runs smoothly. I wish we could fly business class, or whatever the call it, though.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:30 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,524,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
We do SWA Advantage when possible. We get seated well, and everything runs smoothly. I wish we could fly business class, or whatever the call it, though.
I had a job interview and the company flew me out on SWA and cancelled my flight. The best they could do was arriving in LAX at 6pm over 5 hours after the interview was over. This is what happens when the largest thing you fly is a 737.

I went over to United used super saver miles to get a seat in Economy and was reimbursed.

That one experience didn't please me with SWA. Now United has made some stupid moves since the merger (thank you for royally screwing everything up, Continental) but I still fly them. Eventually I'm going back to Delta.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:38 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,712 posts, read 58,054,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
... Now United has made some stupid moves since the merger (thank you for royally screwing everything up, Continental) but I still fly them. Eventually I'm going back to Delta.
Yes, like now using COKE products (and why I haven't flown ATL (COKE) based Delta for 25 yrs...)

SWA also uses COKE (choke, choke, gag reflex...) Thus It is high time to quit DRINK'n

Old 05-04-2013, 12:51 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,732,811 times
As a frequent flyer, I realize that air traffic control delays and weather delays (the weather could be some where else other than where I am flying to or from) cause late departures or arrivals. I also realize that
the airlines are trying their best to leave on-time and unfortunately can't wait for me every time my connection arrives late. This is usually because of air traffic control or other inbound flights slotted
for these gates. I also fly United Airlines whenever I can because they have the largest and best frequent flyer program. I like the other airlines that they have as partners. I was in line behind a gentleman a few months ago who was upset because the plane parked at a gate too far from the baggage claim area !
My personal opinion is that we should be a bit more understanding and not play the victim role all of the time.

Old 05-05-2013, 05:00 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
As a frequent flyer, I realize that air traffic control delays and weather delays (the weather could be some where else other than where I am flying to or from) cause late departures or arrivals. I also realize that
the airlines are trying their best to leave on-time and unfortunately can't wait for me every time my connection arrives late. This is usually because of air traffic control or other inbound flights slotted
for these gates. I also fly United Airlines whenever I can because they have the largest and best frequent flyer program. I like the other airlines that they have as partners. I was in line behind a gentleman a few months ago who was upset because the plane parked at a gate too far from the baggage claim area !
My personal opinion is that we should be a bit more understanding and not play the victim role all of the time.
I don't feel that I am "playing" anything. I am not a victim, but I was inconvenienced to the point of concern. I stand by what I stated in the original post. It is all true. The United people were helpful, but the system seems broken, or at least operating at half speed. But I grant that this is only one round trip flight, not a long history of round trip flights.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:15 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,732,811 times
They have had to make major adjustments with aircraft since the new Dreamliners are being perfected. After they have them back in the fleet things will improve immensely. I have a friend who flew on one and he says he loved it.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:07 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,524,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
Yes, like now using COKE products (and why I haven't flown ATL (COKE) based Delta for 25 yrs...)

SWA also uses COKE (choke, choke, gag reflex...) Thus It is high time to quit DRINK'n
I personally like Coke so it doesn't matter to me. They are a good company, as is Delta.

At least Delta isn't selling off 757s to Fedex and replacing them with 737-900

Old 05-06-2013, 11:13 AM

22,378 posts, read 38,921,303 times
Airlines are business to make money and have some pretty significant regulations and safety requirements while also having to deal with many other factors including mother nature

On the whole we have a very efficient and somewhat inexpensive system given all the logistics etc.

Flying at many times is not fun but getting from the East Coat to the West coast in a matter of hours is no small undertaking

Its painful at times but end of the day given what it is it really is not so bad (And I am US Air frequent flier)

Old 05-09-2013, 07:53 AM

3,763 posts, read 5,859,019 times
I am sorry for the AA -USair merger as AA used to be my favorite carrier and I would book with them whenever possible. Experiences with USAir have always been not good. When we went to Paris on AA, the 767 was old, the crew seemed very unhappy, the gate at DeGaulle was the biggest horde of people lined up the walkway of the terminal. And, lately , there always seems to be a delay. We have been going SWA for domestic (Sacramento and PHL) and hardly any problems. Wife is disabled so we get on first, also appreciate bags fly free. However, if we have the time, I love to drive and that is the prefered method of travel. JMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation