Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2014, 07:33 AM

43,668 posts, read 44,406,521 times

Advertisements

Thai military radar data bolsters belief that Flight 370 changed path - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 07:40 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,896,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
The plane didn't have enough fuel to reach Somalia.

On the CBS, I saw a report mentioning the possibility that the hand typed direction changes had been pre-programmed before the plane took off and of course, the Malaysians said that it had been aircraft computer has been programmed to fly to Beijing. If it had been pre-programmed wouldn't the pilots been able to override this during the flight and even if it meant disabling temporarily the aircraft's auto-pilot, I assume that they could reable to auto-pilot again afterwards if there were no emergency.

The pilots (pre)-program the flight computer based on their anticipated path, and yes it can be disabled. This evidence (and no telling if it is accurate or not) supports the theory that it was the pilot or co-pilot who diverted the plane.

Last edited by Dd714; 03-18-2014 at 08:14 AM..

Old 03-18-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
It will turn up someplace. Probably after it's loaded with explosives, or if it made it to Iran a nuke (as they have no delivery systems for their nukes yet) and then flown into a major city someplace.
OK guys, some of the theories are just getting silly now...
The nation of Iran - Iran's flag carrier - Iran Airlines. The nation has plenty of airliners at their disposal.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:54 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
I'm starting to wonder if the plane will ever be found. Feel so bad for the families as the not knowing would drive me crazy.
I also wonder at what point they will start to scale back the search?

Old 03-18-2014, 08:09 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,211,423 times
If the plane headed west, and then turned south over the Bay of Bengal, It would have crashed in sea. Straight South of Andaman and Nicobar, the nearest landmass is Antarctica. MH 370 clearly didn't have enough fuel to go all the way there.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Aircraft lands in the middle of the night at Diego Garcia where there's a general lockdown for something or another, and taxis straight into a hangar where the doors are shut, the aircraft has logos painted over solid white, an N number is stenciled on the tail, it's refueled in the hangar (against the rules of course, but they don't care about any of that), it's pushed out and takes off before dawn.

Why? High value Chinese computer scientist? What about the other passengers? Disappeared? Impossible?
Or...instead of these wild theories that would involve 100's of people, months to organize, and the complex resources of a nation or a well connected and well funded organization...the plane could have simply been taken by one crazed pilot and ran out into the middle of the Indian Ocean and crashed, with the inefficiencies of a third world country along with a rabid press contributing to the lack of detection and contradictory information.
Which one is more likely?
Let's use Occam's razor here people - the simplest theory is usually the correct theory.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:55 AM

7 posts, read 10,740 times
[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2583057/Captain-Zaharie-Ahmad-Shahs-daughter-Aishah-lives-Melbourne-fled-Malaysia.html]Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah's daughter Aishah flees Australia | Mail Online[/url]

[url=http://www.news.com.au/world/malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370s-captain-zaharie-ahmad-shah-has-daughter-aishah-zaharie-who-was-in-australia/story-fndir2ev-1226857201698]Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370’s Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah has daughter Aishah Zaharie who was in Australia | News.com.au[/url]

some links about the pilot. he has such lovely family. envy him.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:16 AM

3,378 posts, read 9,210,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
https://plus.google.com/app/basic/st...rfyiz3vdhbop04

This goes hand in hand with a link that I harped on about on March 09, and still refuse to let go of, at present. It was the one that said there was a military base that picked up an emergency call from the plane, something about cabin disintegration, and that the pilot wanted a forced landing. (Assuming it was the pilot, who knows.)

Anyway, I'm paraphrasing, of course, and it was from a translated page...everyone keeps dismissing that, but you know what? Nothing makes sense at this time, and it is not any more "far fetched" than anything anyone else is saying. The fact that it was taken down so quickly, (that's not all the link said, that was merely one paragraph I took notice of), and the fact that no one has talked about that, makes me keep hanging on to it. In a world that makes sense, I would let it go, but none of this makes sense, so it sits there.
About the only thing I take issue with is the fact that claims the pilots would have not put on the oxygen masks if smoke filled the cockpit. It would be the first thing they do. O2 masks on, make sure the mask is set to emergency (positive flow of oxygen), switch the microphone to mask, and go from there. If you don't get the O2 on you will be immediately overcome by the smoke.

Smoke in the cockpit can be so thick you will not be able to see a hand in front of your face. That is not an exaggeration. Devices like EVAS can help overcome this issue but they are not commonly found in aircraft. EVAS-Smoke in the Cockpit-VisionSafe Corporation

The most recent crash due to smoke in the cockpit I can think of is...

UPS Airlines Flight 6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In this case they did do an immediate return to Dubai...

Old 03-18-2014, 09:40 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Are you saying they found the black boxes? Or a witness who was on the plane? Because otherwise nothing can be ruled out. Some things are more likely but nothing can be ruled out. Who exactly made this determination? Provide a link to the source please.
I tend to agree that nothing can be ruled out, yet they've ruled out suicide. As I posted earlier, the details are on a new thread in the Asia forum, and a link is provided there.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:43 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,569,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Hey, Aussies and Russians (etc.) are valuable, too!

There was speculation that there was some top-secret cargo that someone wanted, not necessarily human cargo.

I find it odd that there were so many potentially suspicious characters on the flight, but maybe that's not so unusual for that part of Asia, where people say security is lax...? There were two Iranians travelling on stolen passports. At some point someone said there was a black/African guy and someone else travelling to Europe on stolen passports, as asylum-seekers. There was a Uighur guy travelling on a legit passport. And those are just the ones we know about. Not counting the two pilots, also under suspicion. Is it normal for there to be so many stolen passports floating around? Several on the same flight? Or did I get it wrong?
You raise some interesting points. Seems like security is either INCREDIBLY lax in this part of the world still, or something else is amiss. Too much of a coincidence for there to be a number of people trying to escape some place to get to another, under false creds, for a mechanical failure to be the ultimate end of this flight.

But I'm still stuck on the theory that the plane enountered some trouble, the pilots fought to land it smoothly on water, and unfortunately it took on water too fast to be retrieved, and it sank into the abyss.

If only I knew WHERE, I'd be the guy with the sad, unfortunate answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation