Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 08:33 AM

20,838 posts, read 17,129,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Wow, this is an interesting post! Who knows what was really going on politically...
I hadn't thought of this.

It would explain quite a bit. Especially the PM wanting to say to people shut up grieve and take your money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 08:38 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I don't know anything about him but when I saw the video of the senior pilot going through security before the flight.. I could tell he had something on his mind mainly because of his body language. That's not to say, I am accusing him of doing something deliberate but something was just "off" there

2014 - CCTV Footage Shows MAS MH-370 Pilot & Co-Pilot Going Through Airport Security Check - 17/3/14 - YouTube
Definitely, to me he seems to be wondering if he will hit a whale when he crashes the plane

Old 03-25-2014, 08:38 AM

30,300 posts, read 23,784,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
And maybe Elvis is still alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
And maybe the Care Bears discovered someone on the plane wasn't in touch with their feelings and the plane is parked on a cloud somewhere while the people go adventuring in Care-A-Lot.
Knock it off. The poster has a valid point. There is no evidence from the plane, meaning parts/pieces, but all of a sudden, the Malaysian gov wants to come out and say it crashed in the ocean. Even the families are not buying in to it, fully. Even they are saying they want more proof.

No need to be such jerks about a poster's opinion.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:39 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,418,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
No. Just no.
I understand your comment, of course.
But, do we know what is in a man's mind?
Do we know what "could" have been said in possible negotiations with the Government
over that leader being jailed or put on trail?
Malaysia was so secreitive, afterall, I can't blame a nation not wanting to air THIS
if it really happened...imagine, negotiating with a pilot over his beloved political leader to be freed.
Hmm.
It could happen...

Sorry, 3 Wolves in Snow...couldn't give u yet another rep for the above post.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:40 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,658,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
This thread is quickly turning into the Tinfoil Hat Club.
Would you please explain "Tinfoil Hat"?
I have never understood this saying.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:44 AM

30,300 posts, read 23,784,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Urban Dictionary: tinfoil hat

Quote:
Tin Foil Hat, also tinfoil hat, or tfh, a general term for a piece of headgear made from one or more sheets of tin foil, aluminium foil, or other similar material. Some people wear the hats in the belief that they act to shield the brain from such influences as electromagnetic fields, or against mind control and/or mind reading. The concept has become a popular stereotype and term of derision; in Internet culture, the phrase serves as a byword for paranoia.
Or a byword for conspiracy theorist.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:44 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,658,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I understand your comment, of course.
But, do we know what is in a man's mind?
Do we know what "could" have been said in possible negotiations with the Government
over that leader being jailed or put on trail?
Malaysia was so secreitive, afterall, I can't blame a nation not wanting to air THIS
if it really happened...imagine, negotiating with a pilot over his beloved political leader to be freed.
Hmm.
It could happen...

Sorry, 3 Wolves in Snow...couldn't give u yet another rep for the above post.
If this happened? The passengers would be home with their families right now.
There is no way a government would let 239 people die just to keep a prisoner in jail for a mere 5 years.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:45 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,920,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post

Old 03-25-2014, 08:46 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
And maybe Elvis is still alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
And maybe the Care Bears discovered someone on the plane wasn't in touch with their feelings and the plane is parked on a cloud somewhere while the people go adventuring in Care-A-Lot.
two of the most relevant posts in this thread, well done

Old 03-25-2014, 08:50 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,920,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScab View Post
I work with a coworker from Taiwan and we had a brief discussion on it this morning. He say's the theory coming from people in the region of Malaysia have good reason to believe that the captain was trying to negotiate with the government. He was an avid supporter of Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim who had just been sentenced to 5 years hours before the flight took off for Sodomy. Remember, the captain had even reportedly told friends he was planning on attending this opposition leaders high profile trial before the flight. Of course this would explain the words uttered by the captain "All right, good night" before he turned off all communications.
No...no, it doesn't explain why he used a salutation that is common the world over. Like maybe he used it because, like, it's common the world over, maybe.

And the co-pilot said those words, not the pilot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation