Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 10:41 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,109,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Nothing like that, what happened on 911 was an act of terror and a desire to change a country.

Crashing into the ocean doesn't make much of a statement if there is no one around that knows what actually happened. The world saw 911, no one saw the 777 except the dead and they can't say anything.

The waste that perpetrated 911 were not mentally ill, they were terrorists, quite a difference.
Angry people do many things and go by many names. It is still rage. We can disagree about mental illness vs. terrorist all day but the outcome is the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 10:42 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
I'd like to know the truth, too. But you don't learn the truth by spinning tales based on few facts. In fact, I'm pretty sure that that takes you away from the truth rather than towards it.

Let the experts do their jobs. Seriously, how many times have armchair theorists or vigilantes with little to no expertise on the subject on which they comment ever solved anything substantial? I'm reminded of the Boston Marathon Bombing, and the people on forums all too ready to blame the bombing on random bystanders based on photos they saw. At least those commenters had their own "evidence" (the pictures of the scene they found), nobody here even has that! You're working entirely off your imaginations.

I believe in leaving the dead with their dignity unless we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they don't deserve said dignity.

There've been a handful of comments in this 200+ page discussion expressing sorrow for the missing passengers and crew, and there have been MANY comments suggesting one of the dead evilly is responsible for this tragedy. Try putting yourself in one of the family member's position. Imagine it was YOUR brother or son who (co-)piloted the plane, and people were implying that he intentionally took this plane down. What an insult!

Yep. I especially like the section about the Amelia Earhart conspiracy theorists. Quite relevant. That's why, despite checking this thread over the last several days, I tried to refrain from commenting. There's no arguing with these types.

Anyway, whatever. I'll you all to your wild fantasies, while I continue keeping the victims in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh, save all the drama. IF that was my brother, sister, wife or husband.. you damn straight I would want to know why.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Oh, save all the drama. IF that was my brother, sister, wife or husband.. you damn straight I would want to know why.

Word.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:53 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,811,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Word.
word? You are too busy censoring what is being said and that really doesn't lead anywhere. Everyone does feel bad for the families but that doesn't change the fact that this plane went off radar.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:09 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,791 times
So it's been six days now since multiple reports found debris floating about the ocean, some in excess of 75ft in length, longer then most fishing vessels. These items in addition to several 50ft pieces, also bigger then boats. They tracked it via satellite and after 6 days or searching specific identified areas of this debris, they still have nothing?

I don't buy the press release that they suddenly concluded the plane crashed into the Indian ocean. That could be what happened, but I absolutely do not believe they know this for fact. It was a means to pacify the families and public. In my opinion, as are all government issues, when there is a cover up, the cover up turns out to be far worse then the issue at hand.

I believe 100% that they do not know what happened to this plane, or they do know and don't want the public to know.

500-1 odds say they will begin making excuses as to why the debris they located via satellite cannot be found either and then they will hope the story begins to fade.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:17 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,736,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
So it's been six days now since multiple reports found debris floating about the ocean, some in excess of 75ft in length, longer then most fishing vessels. These items in addition to several 50ft pieces, also bigger then boats. They tracked it via satellite and after 6 days or searching specific identified areas of this debris, they still have nothing?

I don't buy the press release that they suddenly concluded the plane crashed into the Indian ocean. That could be what happened, but I absolutely do not believe they know this for fact. It was a means to pacify the families and public. In my opinion, as are all government issues, when there is a cover up, the cover up turns out to be far worse then the issue at hand.

I believe 100% that they do not know what happened to this plane, or they do know and don't want the public to know.

500-1 odds say they will begin making excuses as to why the debris they located via satellite cannot be found either and then they will hope the story begins to fade.
I'd be willing to bet me last dime China will not allow that to happen

Old 03-25-2014, 11:23 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,770,781 times
Quote:
So far, I think Chris Goodfellow put out the best theory, but I prefer not speculate. Instead my condolences go out to the families and friends of the passengers and crew, as they deal with the news that their loved ones are likely gone forever.
OK, let's walk through the facts and the Chris Goodfellow theory (which is essentially the fire or lithium battery theory)....

Pilot says "good night" at about 1:09am

Immediately after that, boom, catastrophic explosion. Maybe lithium batteries, who knows. This knocks out the radio, the transponder and ACARS. Pilot immediately goes to the backup flight plan that they had put into the flight computer just in case. Problem: Boeing engineers have gone on the record recently to say that it is impossible for a fire/explosion to knock out the radio, the transponder, and ACARS. Besides, how can those all be dead but leave the autopilot intact.

Ok, so now according to Chris Goodfellow, the plane is headed west towards Langkawi, the nearest airport that can handle a 777. Problem: The plane flies past Langkawi without attempting to land or circle it.

Ok, perhaps the pilot is manually steering the plane since autopilot may be disabled. The pilot is disoriented due to smoke. That is why he flies past Langkawi. That is possible.

Plane now makes a turn to the Northwest at or near Pulau Petak Island. This is known because Malaysian radar picked up the plane over Pulau Petak, but Indonesian radar never detected the plane. Only way it can miss Indonesia is to turn NW towards the Andaman/Nico Islands. Perhaps the pilot is still disoriented, yet he manages to turn NW. Problem: Why turn NW? Why not stay near the Malacca Straights so you can be found? How did a disoriented pilot manage to steer just the right route that somehow avoided all radar?

OK, so now the pilot flew NW to the Bay of Bengal where he turns towards the southern Indian Ocean. We know that because that is where the plane ended up according to Inmarsat. Problem: Safety is not in that direction at all so why turn south? And if he was so disoriented that he flew past Langkawi and past Andaman Island, yes he manages to turn perfectly south.

Now the pilot flies the plane for 7+ hours dead south until he runs out of fuel, despite being disoriented from smoke. Or it is on autopilot, but if it is on autopilot, why did he program in a route that goes to the most remote ocean in the world? Besides, how did the autopilot survive the fire/explosion?

Old 03-25-2014, 11:34 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,347,297 times
Quote:
I'd like to know the truth, too. But you don't learn the truth by spinning tales based on few facts. In fact, I'm pretty sure that that takes you away from the truth rather than towards it.

Let the experts do their jobs. Seriously, how many times have armchair theorists or vigilantes with little to no expertise on the subject on which they comment ever solved anything substantial? I'm reminded of the Boston Marathon Bombing, and the people on forums all too ready to blame the bombing on random bystanders based on photos they saw. At least those commenters had their own "evidence" (the pictures of the scene they found), nobody here even has that! You're working entirely off your imaginations.

I believe in leaving the dead with their dignity unless we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they don't deserve said dignity.

There've been a handful of comments in this 200+ page discussion expressing sorrow for the missing passengers and crew, and there have been MANY comments suggesting one of the dead evilly is responsible for this tragedy. Try putting yourself in one of the family member's position. Imagine it was YOUR brother or son who (co-)piloted the plane, and people were implying that he intentionally took this plane down. What an insult!

Yep. I especially like the section about the Amelia Earhart conspiracy theorists. Quite relevant. That's why, despite checking this thread over the last several days, I tried to refrain from commenting. There's no arguing with these types.

Anyway, whatever. I'll leave you all to your wild fantasies, while I continue keeping the victims in my thoughts and prayers.

Ok, I think there are only 2 viable theories as to what happened to the plane.

1) The plane had some sort of mechanical failure caused by either an issue with the plane or cargo on board and the pilots were unable to correct the issue and flew off into the abyss.

2) Someone on the plane took control and flew off into the abyss.

Unfortunately, in cases like this, everyone needs to be looked at as a suspect. Both theories have a lot of unanswered questions.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:37 AM

Here we have the PM of a country demanding that families grieve without one actual shread of actual evidence.

What does that tell us?

Old 03-25-2014, 11:38 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,655 times
So now people are saying the pilot was gay and that was the reason he committed suicide and killed 239 people?

Quote:
Exactly,

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation