Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2011, 06:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,128 times

Advertisements

Hello there. I'm a 47 year old professional single male. I currently live in Ellicott City, and though it is a great area for families - it is lacking for a single person.

I love the idea of renting an apartment in the city - one where I can leave my car parked on the weekends and walk to everything. I love waterfront views - but I also love the idea of getting involved in the arts scene in Baltimore.

Conversely, I've never lived in a city before. I'm looking at rental properties in Fells (Thames Point), Canton (Tindeco Lofts, The Eden), and an area I think is called West Town (The Zenith, Greene House, Sail House Factory). I've kind of eliminated some of the cool places which are right adjacent to the block. But I've totally fallen in love with a place near Penn Station called the Railway Express Lofts. But I'm not sure about that area in terms of walkability to things.

I don't have pets - and I like to feel safe fully understanding that the city is a city - and crime is everywhere.

I've spoken to my friends who live in the city - and mostly they like wherever THEY live and have nothing positive to say about other areas LOL People being people - I figured I'd get better input from those I don't personally know haha.

My timeframe is fluid - I'd like to move sometime over the next year. I'm not looking to buy at this point in time. Once I find an area I love - I will buy.

Things which are important to me: Secured Parking; sense of community/neighborhood; Quality living space/neighborhood area. I want to be feel comfortable on a morning job - or walking to a restaurant I've never tried - with friends or by myself - and finding cool people to meet.

Price is an issue in this day and age - and I'd prefer to spend no more than 1800 a month. I'm fine with a one bedroom - though space for a home office in mandatory. I'd also like to have relative quiet when I'm in my apartment (I am getting OLD!)

Any input is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 07:25 PM

79 posts, read 228,569 times
Hi GV, you might want to start at harbor east and go out from there. harbor east is in between fed hill and downtown on the west side of the harbor, mt vernon (and railway express lofts just above it) to the north, and then fells and canton to the east. see how far you would like to walk from everything to your home and then take a look at where those places are located.

there are lots of condos along the canton waterfront, fells, and harbor east, as well as fed hill. harbor east has several rental bldgs too. you might like scarlett place and harbor court right on the harbor, and from there you can easily walk to all those neighborhoods. st paul at chase in mt vernon might be a good option too, as well as professional arts building. southern management has several apt bldgs in town too.

i'm about your age and live in mt vernon and frequent harbor east and fells. let me know if i can be of more help.

Old 12-12-2011, 07:26 PM

1,757 posts, read 5,138,453 times
Hendersons wharf in fells point may be just what you're looking for. It's a few minutes walk to fells point proper and is on the water. I've shown a number of rental units there and many are quite nice. Plus there is deeded parking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore