Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 07:20 AM

673 posts, read 1,191,243 times

Advertisements

What are you guys feelings on this issue ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 08:27 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,461,645 times
As far as I can tell, the shooter is not from Baltimore, more like Georgia and Ohio and he shot his former girlfriend, who lives in Owings Mills, before driving to Brooklyn to shoot two NYPD cops in cold blood. The shooter is dead also, shot himself in the head after running. This has nothing to do with Baltimore; this is an unhinged person acting alone with terrible consequences. I feel sadness for the ex GF, the dead cops, even teh dead shooter and their families. This is a tragic lose/lose story.

The media is stoking flames here, and it seems to have done a lot of that in shooting cases in the past few years. Folks need to stay calm, collect the facts, work together to solve problems and make the world a better place. All the hostility is pointless, no profit in it at all, for anyone anywhere.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:49 AM

673 posts, read 1,191,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpark View Post
As far as I can tell, the shooter is not from Baltimore, more like Georgia and Ohio and he shot his former girlfriend, who lives in Owings Mills, before driving to Brooklyn to shoot two NYPD cops in cold blood. The shooter is dead also, shot himself in the head after running. This has nothing to do with Baltimore; this is an unhinged person acting alone with terrible consequences. I feel sadness for the ex GF, the dead cops, even teh dead shooter and their families. This is a tragic lose/lose story.

The media is stoking flames here, and it seems to have done a lot of that in shooting cases in the past few years. Folks need to stay calm, collect the facts, work together to solve problems and make the world a better place. All the hostility is pointless, no profit in it at all, for anyone anywhere.
This does has to deal with Baltimore because he resided there, and he was part of the East Baltimore Black Guerilla Family Gang , which investigators think was a partial motive in the attack.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:58 AM

1,067 posts, read 1,461,645 times
I think we should wait for the facts to come out. This does not sound like a gang crime - so far it is one person acting alone and w/o a viable plan.

Old 12-21-2014, 05:04 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,482,020 times
As soon as I began reading this story in the paper, I realized this guy was a just a low-life not going anywhere in life who suddenly internalized it. My prior was confirmed when I saw on the news that he had posted social media comments about 'wanting to be remembered for something' and about 'pigs in blankets'. Those two officers didn't deserve to be gunned down like animals regardless of what happened in Ferguson or NYC. I honestly don't know what to do with losers like this guy. And although I cherish life, I am not sorry about him dying -- I almost wish he had suffered a bit more.

Last edited by picardlx; 12-21-2014 at 05:16 PM..

Old 12-22-2014, 05:39 AM

389 posts, read 428,205 times
I absolutely condemn the killing of those cops.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:10 AM

1,253 posts, read 1,568,467 times
I could care less.
When cops start being held accountable for their actions (the bad cops) stuff like this won't happen.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:14 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,335,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsence View Post
I could care less.
When cops start being held accountable for their actions (the bad cops) stuff like this won't happen.
What's your opinion of the human race? I'm interested in an outsider's opinion.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:53 AM

1,253 posts, read 1,568,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
What's your opinion of the human race? I'm interested in an outsider's opinion.
My opinion is simple. We are all sinners by default and a piece of the devil lives within all of us. Unfortunately some are affected worse than others. America is a unique country being the most diverse in the world and all, but it's history is very effed up and it will haunt it til' the end of days.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:45 AM

777 posts, read 884,562 times
As Malcolm X so poetically and succinctly put it, this is an example
of the chickens coming home to roost.

You can't do damage to others and not expect them to retaliate.

Though i disagree with the actions of the gunman, this type of action
should've have been expected. The NYPD is so out of hand at this point
that their union calls the shots, not City Hall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore