Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2015, 05:03 PM

2 posts, read 1,678 times

Advertisements

Hello, guys!

Recently moved into Baltimore from out-of-state. Not really school related, so it's hard to get a parking pass without having to get my car inspected and registered here. Money that I don't really have at the moment. (I will get it down the road, like I said, it's just not money I have at the moment.) I still have to find a place to live, so I've been trying to find places, but a lot of the places I find typically need some type of permit for parking. Can some gurus of the interwebs tell me where there is a lot of permit free parking or sites I can look at for permit free parking?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 09:29 PM

757 posts, read 2,555,268 times
Most of the denser, more popular city neighborhoods are going to have permit restrictions since parking is at a premium. You haven't given any indication of what you're looking for in a neighborhood or what your budget is, so it's not easy to give advice. There are plenty of neighborhoods that don't require permits, but you might not want to live there.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:58 AM

934 posts, read 1,063,594 times
Where do you work and what's your budget? Those are important questions to answer before someone can really help you.

But I can tell you that where I live in Patterson Park, we do not have permit parking. My car is still registered in New Jersey (because it is registered in my father's name, not mine), so it's been a nice plus that I haven't had to worry about getting Maryland plates. Canton is the same deal. Both are very popular neighborhoods.

Old 03-20-2015, 02:07 PM

2 posts, read 1,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by designer_genes View Post
My car is still registered in New Jersey (because it is registered in my father's name, not mine), so it's been a nice plus that I haven't had to worry about getting Maryland plates. Canton is the same deal. Both are very popular neighborhoods.
Are you a student?

Thanks for the timely replies. Currently Im looking around 1300 for rent. Right now, I am staying in Federal Hill with some family (which is nice, aside from the on going water line maintenance which is DESTROYING the roads). I am familiar with Fells Point also. I transferred with my current employer and am driving to Jessup to work. This is only temporary though as I am planning a career change into the IT field and will want to work in the city or maybe Hunt Valley area. I have had no problem finding places to live. I am just wanting to put off registering my vehicle up here until next year because I just had the inspection done in NC.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:27 PM

757 posts, read 2,555,268 times
This map shows where parking permits are required:

http://cityview.baltimorecity.gov/re...parkingpermit/

This page lists the neighborhoods that require permits:

Parking Authority / Residential Parking Permits / Obtaining Your Permits / Neighborhoods

Old 03-22-2015, 05:44 PM

934 posts, read 1,063,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salgado_marbella View Post
Are you a student?
Yes, I'm a graduate student at Hopkins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: