Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 11:28 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,418,864 times

Advertisements

Sending your children to the enemy I see!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I's just like some general opinions on the private schools in the area:

So I am asking this question late because we already have gotten acceptances back and put down a deposit for my daughter to attend middle school. That said, we can still change our minds (we still might go with Ingenuity), and navigating the private/public middle school options in Baltimore has been a beast. I had my impressions from the school visits/shadows whatnot but I'm curious to see if my impressions vibe with the collective wisdom around here. Plus, it's a fun thing to talk about and it may help someone else on day! It would have been helpful for me to have been able to do a search and find a thread like this. So, without further ado:

If you had to send your daughter to one of the following all girls schools (middle or high school), which would you choose and why?
Bryn Mawr
St Timothy's
St Paul's
Garrison Forest
Maryvale
Roland Park Country Day
Mercy High School

Would you opt for a coed school instead? Why? Do you have inside knowledge about any of these places? If someone just coming here wanted to know about these schools, what would you say about each? Thanks! This should be fun, you know how Baltimore gets with the high school rivalries and whatnot. Heh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 11:36 AM

1,161 posts, read 2,447,207 times
Institute of Notre Dame. Small Catholic girls high school in East Baltimore, not far from the Hopkins medical complex. Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Mikulski both went there.

Quote:
What's IND?

Old 03-27-2015, 11:38 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,418,864 times
Tally,

Where are you from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallybalt View Post
Institute of Notre Dame. Small Catholic girls high school in East Baltimore, not far from the Hopkins medical complex. Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Mikulski both went there.

Old 03-27-2015, 12:25 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,807,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
Sending your children to the enemy I see!!??
LOL! Yes, we talked about this, remember? She will have to go to radical black nationalist camp on the weekends.

In all seriousness we were told to go ahead and do the Jack & Jill thing because apparently almost all the black private school kids around here are members. I'm still not crazy about that organization however because it tends to be super-elitist. But I don't really know what the local chapter is like so I need to just suck it up and investigate I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallybalt View Post
Thanks!

Old 03-27-2015, 12:59 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,455,865 times
Quote:
What's IND?
Institute of Notre Dame ~Institute of Notre Dame, a Catholic, girls high school in Baltimore, MD

Old 03-27-2015, 02:33 PM

389 posts, read 426,794 times
Quote:
LOL! Yes, we talked about this, remember? She will have to go to radical black nationalist camp on the weekends.

In all seriousness we were told to go ahead and do the Jack & Jill thing because apparently almost all the black private school kids around here are members. I'm still not crazy about that organization however because it tends to be super-elitist. But I don't really know what the local chapter is like so I need to just suck it up and investigate I guess.

Thanks!
The only "black" private school that I know of is St. Frances Academy. I would NEVER, EVER recommend that school to anybody. I have a learning disability in Math and there wasn't much of anything that they could do to help me. I definitely wouldn't recommend this school if you aren't Catholic.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:08 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,807,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowery View Post
The only "black" private school that I know of is St. Frances Academy. I would NEVER, EVER recommend that school to anybody. I have a learning disability in Math and there wasn't much of anything that they could do to help me. I definitely wouldn't recommend this school if you aren't Catholic.
No, I meant the black kids going to the area prep schools like the ones I listed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: