Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 10:57 PM

850 posts, read 1,138,872 times

Advertisements

7 Disturbing Stats About Baltimore That America Should Talk About – And Not Just One Murder Case

Pretty interesting, but not too hard to find some article like this saying the same kinds of things that everyone else has been saying!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 11:36 AM

73,185 posts, read 63,029,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steppinthrax View Post
7 Disturbing Stats About Baltimore That America Should Talk About – And Not Just One Murder Case

Pretty interesting, but not too hard to find some article like this saying the same kinds of things that everyone else has been saying!
This exists in Baltimore, but it is not only Baltimore. Look at Detroit, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Newark, Oakland, St. Louis, Kansas City, Memphis, New Orleans, Birmingham, and some other cities.

Old 05-19-2015, 02:40 PM

True,

But this article specifically points out Baltimore, not Detroit, Cleveland etc...

Old 05-19-2015, 03:06 PM

789 posts, read 1,105,162 times
Quote:
True,

But this article specifically points out Baltimore, not Detroit, Cleveland etc...
I'll rewrite it then.

Old 05-19-2015, 03:23 PM

389 posts, read 429,097 times
There's no point in discussing these issues if nobody gives a damn, whether it be the citizens or government officials.

I'm sick of talking about these issues being that I don't have the resources to change anything. However, I DO care about all of Baltimore's issues.

Old 05-19-2015, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflowery View Post
There's no point in discussing these issues if nobody gives a damn, whether it be the citizens or government officials.

I'm sick of talking about these issues being that I don't have the resources to change anything. However, I DO care about all of Baltimore's issues.
These issues are the "fundamentals" that need to be corrected before Baltimore can make real change.

Old 05-19-2015, 04:56 PM

2,424 posts, read 2,105,561 times
Its pretty disturbing reading how low Baltimore is in quality of life and education. Industry needs to come back to the city to get people working again, living a decent wage and caring for their children.

Old 06-04-2015, 09:40 PM

675 posts, read 728,775 times
Quote:
These issues are the "fundamentals" that need to be corrected before Baltimore can make real change.
I agree with you whole heartedly. You need to send a copy of these 7 ways to fix Baltimore to the powers to be. I'm dead serious !

Old 06-04-2015, 10:09 PM

30,931 posts, read 37,137,348 times
Quote:

I am not sure if the Marriage and Religion Research Institute is a conservative organization or not. But I suspect it is. However, research from more liberal think tanks, such as The Brookings Institution has come to similar conclusions:

20 years later, it turns out Dan Quayle was right about Murphy Brown and unmarried moms - The Washington Post

Old 06-04-2015, 10:14 PM

30,931 posts, read 37,137,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
Its pretty disturbing reading how low Baltimore is in quality of life and education. Industry needs to come back to the city to get people working again, living a decent wage and caring for their children.
But I think the original poster would say that it actually has to work the other way around. When the people of Baltimore cut down on having kids out of wedlock, it will reduce a lot of the crime and other problems, which will create an environment where businesses actually want to come. Right now, it isn't a good place to do business, and too many people are looking for some kind of savior "out there" to fix their problems instead of admitting their own behavior is the biggest factor working against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore