Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 03:30 PM

926 posts, read 1,256,435 times

Advertisements

Police add insult to injury after mugging - Baltimore Sun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 04:17 PM

1,310 posts, read 1,511,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redd1skng View Post
The police are pretty open that they consider all city residents to be criminals. Because I have a good relationship with Northern District I have been able to get relevant work oriented information about problem house from them. About five years ago I received a complaint about a house in Eastern so I contacted the neighborhood service officer there. The neighborhood service officer first asked me what church I was associated with. After I told him that the call was work related, he said that I only wanted the information because I was a criminal. I replied that I would be willing to drive over to Eastern District headquarters so that I could show him all of my ID and he could run a background check. At that point he said that he couldn't work with criminals, took my phone number, and never called back.

You could say that the police are OK because I have been able to create a good relationship with one police district. I'm afraid that the police believe the worst about everyone that reports a crime or in any way wants to work with them until they personally know you. P.S. I'm a middle aged white guy that has never been arrested.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:41 PM

675 posts, read 724,127 times
Don't laugh or cry. Let the blacks police themselves. No matter what the police do they will complain. Should we just let them kill one another ? I guess. Should we just let them OD ? I guess. If I was a police officer in Baltimore City I would be looking for a job elsewhere. Maybe they will do what they did in New Orleans. They got rid of their so called leaders and crime improved.

Old 07-06-2015, 09:52 PM

390 posts, read 506,549 times
I'm sure the cops are putting their best detectives, Starsky & Hutch, on the case to solve the stolen, $25 bicycle case, right now.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:34 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,268,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSone View Post
I'm sure the cops are putting their best detectives, Starsky & Hutch, on the case to solve the stolen, $25 bicycle case, right now.
LOL! Quality of life arrests, right?

Old 07-06-2015, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debold4215 View Post
Don't laugh or cry. Let the blacks police themselves. No matter what the police do they will complain. Should we just let them kill one another ? I guess. Should we just let them OD ? I guess. If I was a police officer in Baltimore City I would be looking for a job elsewhere. Maybe they will do what they did in New Orleans. They got rid of their so called leaders and crime improved.
Since the victim in the story is white apparently they're letting everyone police themselves.

Hopefully the officers who don't want to be here LEAVE because this type of policing isn't helping the situation. A change in leadership is coming although I can't imagine it making a difference.

Old 07-06-2015, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwduvall View Post
The police are pretty open that they consider all city residents to be criminals. Because I have a good relationship with Northern District I have been able to get relevant work oriented information about problem house from them. About five years ago I received a complaint about a house in Eastern so I contacted the neighborhood service officer there. The neighborhood service officer first asked me what church I was associated with. After I told him that the call was work related, he said that I only wanted the information because I was a criminal. I replied that I would be willing to drive over to Eastern District headquarters so that I could show him all of my ID and he could run a background check. At that point he said that he couldn't work with criminals, took my phone number, and never called back.

You could say that the police are OK because I have been able to create a good relationship with one police district. I'm afraid that the police believe the worst about everyone that reports a crime or in any way wants to work with them until they personally know you. P.S. I'm a middle aged white guy that has never been arrested.
This officer didn't want to do his job.

Old 07-07-2015, 03:30 AM

450 posts, read 799,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redd1skng View Post
Since the victim in the story is white apparently they're letting everyone police themselves.

Hopefully the officers who don't want to be here LEAVE because this type of policing isn't helping the situation. A change in leadership is coming although I can't imagine it making a difference.
A change in leadership? Promises, promises, that's all we ever get.

Old 07-07-2015, 07:15 AM

850 posts, read 1,132,400 times
After reading this article (in it's entirety) I don't know how else you can defend anything with the police system.

Police station CLOSED WTF!!!!!

Old 07-07-2015, 08:36 AM

390 posts, read 506,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steppinthrax View Post
After reading this article (in it's entirety) I don't know how else you can defend anything with the police system.

Police station CLOSED WTF!!!!!
Well it's not the BPD's fault, unless you think that they want to lessen their take home paycheck for fun, by not using funds available to keep it open during said time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: