Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 06:04 PM

805 posts, read 2,114,714 times

Advertisements

I haven't been able to find a list of all the shops in the city. Does anyone know of one?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 06:47 PM

773 posts, read 2,630,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboltonman View Post
I haven't been able to find a list of all the shops in the city. Does anyone know of one?

Thanks
The Yellow Pages.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:20 PM

I guess I should've been more descriptive because the Yellow Pages just isn't working for me. It seems all over the place.

It would be cool to have a list of stores in the city and be able to select the neighborhood(s), look at them all on a map, pick different types of stores, and a decent amount of info about the stores.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:24 PM

This is cool for Mount Vernon:
Mount Vernon—Belvedere Association | Visiting Mount Vernon

Old 09-14-2009, 05:29 PM

773 posts, read 2,630,589 times
Mount Vernon—Belvedere Association | Dining in Mount Vernon

It would take a month of Sundays to dine at all the restaurants listed.

Who said Baltimore wasn't cool?

Incidentally, Betsy Patterson Bonaparte and her son Jerome, Napoleon's nephew, settled in the Mount Vernon area after her divorce from Napoleon's brother. The family continued to live in the area through much of the nineteenth century. Jerome's grandson, Charles Joseph Bonaparte, passed the Maryland bar and practiced law in Baltimore for many years. The Bonaparte line in Baltimore ended in the early twentieth century.

As they say, you could look it up.

Last edited by Zea mays; 09-14-2009 at 06:20 PM..

Old 09-14-2009, 09:33 PM

167 posts, read 426,494 times
Default Superpages.com is probably your best bet.

The privately-run page you pointed to, Mrboltonman, pretty much depends on groups of businesses getting together to maintain web sites. I've been living here for 39 years, and this is the first time I've seen an aggregate, non-yellowpage business listing for Mt. Vernon. If other business associations maintain such web sites, there's no central source that a web surfer can go to find them all. (Well, there's baltimore.org which lists a lot, but not everything.)

The City Paper (citypaper.com) runs a "Best of Baltimore" issue every September (look for the yellow boxes around town). Again, the listings are extensive but can't be complete.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:07 AM

There is a ton to do in Baltimore but it's just knowing about it.

I'll have to check out "Best of Baltimore" to see more things to check out.

Here are a few more sites to find stuff in different neighborhoods.

Mount Washinton:
Business Directory Mt Washington Village Baltimore Maryland – Mount Washington Village Association – Business listings and photos for Mt Washington Village restaurants, dining, shops, art galleries, professional services, hair salons, health and well

Bolton Hill:
boltonhill.org > Neighborhood

Harbor East:
Harbor East

Fells Point:
fellspoint.us - Home

Canton:
Canton Community Association | Restaurants (http://www.cantoncommunity.org/go/restaurants.php - broken link)

Highlandtown:
Southeast CDC: Check out Highlandtown's Great Businesses! (http://www.southeastcdc.org/index.cfm?go=main.showPage&catID=6&docID=17 - broken link)

Federal Hill:
Federal Hill Main Street

Locust Point:
Locust Point Civic Association > Neighborhood Links ( DNN 4.3.4 )

Hamilton Lauraville:
HLMS Business Listings (http://www.hamiltonlauravillemainstreet.org/businessListings.html - broken link)

Waverly:
The Waverly Main Street Shops (http://www.waverlymainstreet.org/Explore.html - broken link)

Belair-edison:
Businesses on Belair-Edison Main Street

Pigtown:
Historic Pigtown

Old 09-17-2009, 06:32 PM

I can't believe I didn't list Hampden. Most people probably already know but it's a really cool spot with a ton of shops. If you haven't been there then you are missing a very very interesting part of B'more.

Shops (page 1) (http://www.hampdenmerchants.com/id6.html - broken link)
http://www.hampdenmerchants.com/id14.html (broken link)

Check out the other links on the page for more info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore