Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 11:39 AM

66 posts, read 189,261 times

Advertisements

what do you take i have taken zytec, any ideas i live in laurel its pretty bad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 12:28 PM

1,973 posts, read 6,809,455 times
Default Pray for me

This has been just a plain awful season. I take prescription Flonase when the curse hits me (and then it takes a couple of days to kick in) plus OTC Walmart allergy medicine. I have taken one pill a day. I'm winning but am still miserable.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:02 PM

2,171 posts, read 7,662,720 times
Just saw an article about this being one of the worst season in years for allergies due to the wet winter which gave flowering plants and trees a boost.
I use prescription Astelin nasal spray in addition to Zyertec and it works quite well. It takes a couple of days to kick in and I only use it in Spring and Fall.
If you haven't seen a doctor about it in the last 5 years or so, go. There have been a lot of new things released recently with fewer side effects.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:15 PM

103 posts, read 410,304 times
I was pretty miserable yesterday (rode motorcycle to and from work and spent all day outside on Tues.. oops), I drove to Rite Aid, bought some Claritin-D 12 hour, popped a pill last night around 8 PM. Slept with the windows open and somehow I'm still fine today. I also got allergy shots when I was younger for several years this helped lessen the allergies although I sneeze a few days in the year (that's what the Claritin is for!).

Old 04-08-2010, 02:47 PM

109 posts, read 341,790 times
I suffer terribly, and this has been the worst year since I moved up here in 2005.

I use Astelin spray, which is a prescription topical antihistamine, plus a daily generic Claritin pill, and I rinse with Ayr sailine spray.

Sometimes I will also take Mucinex time release and psuedoephedrine hydrochloride when things get really bad.

If it gets out of control, it's time for antibiotics. :-( I think I'm there now, got a doctor's appointment for next week. But it's my own fault for not using my Astelin 2x day as prescribed, I kept skipping days and only using it in the morning, and this time of year I should know better.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:43 AM

152 posts, read 487,657 times
One Xyzal pill plus Veramyst nose spray is my anti-allergy cocktail. I have pretty severe allergies, and I smoke (I know, bad idea!), but this combo clears everything up for me. The doctor told me that the Chesapeake area has more humidity throughout the year than other regions in the country, which causes allergy sufferers more pain than they might experience in, say, Pennsylvania or Ohio.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxgarden View Post
Just saw an article about this being one of the worst season in years for allergies due to the wet winter which gave flowering plants and trees a boost.
I use prescription Astelin nasal spray in addition to Zyertec and it works quite well. It takes a couple of days to kick in and I only use it in Spring and Fall.
If you haven't seen a doctor about it in the last 5 years or so, go. There have been a lot of new things released recently with fewer side effects.
i thought about the spray i have to say i have used it 2 years ago its not very good feeling i hate it but for me i use it and it works for like a day and that's it i have to use it like everyday. zyertec does work but for me it works for like 5 hours and that's it

Old 04-12-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barante View Post
This has been just a plain awful season. I take prescription Flonase when the curse hits me (and then it takes a couple of days to kick in) plus OTC Walmart allergy medicine. I have taken one pill a day. I'm winning but am still miserable.
i will pray for you i'm in the same boat as you

Old 04-12-2010, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrc5ed View Post
I was pretty miserable yesterday (rode motorcycle to and from work and spent all day outside on Tues.. oops), I drove to Rite Aid, bought some Claritin-D 12 hour, popped a pill last night around 8 PM. Slept with the windows open and somehow I'm still fine today. I also got allergy shots when I was younger for several years this helped lessen the allergies although I sneeze a few days in the year (that's what the Claritin is for!).
i bought claritin this weekend and i was in bed all day sunday anyways im trying to get a bike this year R1 what would you think about that bike from one biker to another?

Old 04-12-2010, 11:24 AM

103 posts, read 410,304 times
R1 should be awesome, my bike is almost 10 years old but I'm still riding. I haven't looked at the newer model but I've always said to get whichever one fits you best. As for allergies, I'd recommend getting allergy shots. You won't see an effect overnight and it's a pain in the butt having to go in to the clinic every week or so for the shots, but a few years down the road you'll feel much better. When I was younger I couldn't even be near dogs or cats- now I can spend the night in the same room and be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
View detailed profiles of: