Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 12:28 AM

890 posts, read 1,850,071 times

Advertisements

When Pujols holds a concert like event celebrating his arrival across the street at The Pond, err Honda Center, then I'll consider comparing him to Lebron. But Pujols has too much class for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 10:04 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Pujols isn't a waste of space like Lebron. Let's recap why:

1. Pujols brough St. Louis two World Series'.
2. Pujols is not from the area.
3. Pujols did not make a spectacle of him possibly moving.
4. Pujols is not completely full of himself like Lebron is.
5. Pujols will have spent most of his years in St. Louis
6. Pujols, with the above in mind, if elected into the Hall of Fame, will go in as a Cardinal.

I'm not sure I can summarize it better than this...and if Pujols leaving as a free agent makes him a LeBron, than what about all the other free agents across all of major sports? Almost everyone would be considered a 'LeBron'...

Old 12-22-2011, 12:45 AM

1,264 posts, read 2,439,018 times
I'm curious, how do STL fans feel?
Do YOU hate Pujols?

Old 01-19-2012, 01:58 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,818 times
Star players come and go and it is rare that they play their entire career in one place. As a Cavs fan I understood this and never really expected LeBron to re-sign with the Cavs. The Cavs were jammed up in regards to contracts and if they would have been able to retain LeBron I don't think they would have been able to add anyone else to the team. They took their shot with Shaq, Jamison, etc... and it didn't work out. I understand why LeBron left.

All that being said, the way it was handled was terrible. To not inform your team and the fans that you are leaving until moments before you humiliate them on worldwide TV is classless. LeBron could have announced immediately after the season ended that he had decided to move on. He would have still gotten just as much attention if not more and could have still done a "decision" type special to announce where he would sign. This would have also given the Cavs more of a chance to construct their roster and sign free agents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball