Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 08:37 PM

938 posts, read 1,229,141 times

Advertisements

Not much to say. Just I've traveled this road before and I'm getting off. The talent for the most part is there. There are apparent some favorite sons who repeatedly drop the ball and seem to be appointed significant important roles and can not hold the candle. I've now seen 2 losses to the Mets one reliever walking 3 -4 batters and tonight Neris again. It will be again, again, and again and the team will think like I do what the blazes do they see or why waiting too long to pull the trigger cmon 4 walks you almost out did Kapler for dumb. I love you as a Manager but I'm gone your sensibility in those two games took a hike and so am I. Get rid of Neris never was and never will be. Wake up. Flashes of brilliance will be his legacy and add no stability to the club. I think most the club knows that fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2021, 09:12 AM

17,587 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
Not much to say. Just I've traveled this road before and I'm getting off. The talent for the most part is there. There are apparent some favorite sons who repeatedly drop the ball and seem to be appointed significant important roles and can not hold the candle. I've now seen 2 losses to the Mets one reliever walking 3 -4 batters and tonight Neris again. It will be again, again, and again and the team will think like I do what the blazes do they see or why waiting too long to pull the trigger cmon 4 walks you almost out did Kapler for dumb. I love you as a Manager but I'm gone your sensibility in those two games took a hike and so am I. Get rid of Neris never was and never will be. Wake up. Flashes of brilliance will be his legacy and add no stability to the club. I think most the club knows that fact.

Velasquez, the only hope is to make him a defensive replacement in the outfield.. He's on a 1 year deal and.. I figure he's out after this season. I don't see him having any real trade value.

Neris.. Yeah, closer has been a problem since Giles left. Well. Was traded away for Velasquez, 2 players who are out of the league and a guy who last played in China.. And Giles hasn't been great since he left.

They days of JC Romero, Ryan Madson and then a closer (Be it Lidge or Papelbon) locking down innings 7 to 9 are over.

Old 04-24-2021, 06:46 AM

938 posts, read 1,229,141 times
Oops!! He did it again. Did I mention last year his era was 4.74 and spring training 2.74. Prepare for a Britney Spears medley. The final act is National League East so competitive these losses as passed on as being early in season could be the difference maker. Any one know is Neris the same pitcher that had refused to pitch when asked? If so can we ask him to just leave. If its monies (gulp) eat it cause he is a negative influence. He could be the most likeable person on earth he just cant hold a lead and often sets stage for teams to come back and beat this team.

Old 04-24-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Oops!! He did it again. Did I mention last year his era was 4.74 and spring training 2.74. Prepare for a Britney Spears medley. The final act is National League East so competitive these losses as passed on as being early in season could be the difference maker. Any one know is Neris the same pitcher that had refused to pitch when asked? If so can we ask him to just leave. If its monies (gulp) eat it cause he is a negative influence. He could be the most likeable person on earth he just cant hold a lead and often sets stage for teams to come back and beat this team.

Who you gonna put in there?

Neris is still like the best ERA in the bullpen.

Old 04-26-2021, 10:25 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Who you gonna put in there?

Neris is still like the best ERA in the bullpen.

Not many options.

They could try Bryce Harper (he's making the big bucks) let him come in and pitch - could he be any worse?

Girardi is a good man, he has not much to work with IMO.

Old 04-26-2021, 10:30 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:

I don't think it's a managing mistake, Girardi just doesn't have much to work with in that bullpen IMO.

Old 04-27-2021, 10:51 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,141,500 times
It will be ok. Phillies win the East.

Old 04-27-2021, 01:03 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
It will be ok. Phillies win the East.

Worked out really well for you last year proclaiming this

Old 04-28-2021, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post

Heh.. I doubt they win it, simply because the 'pen is so bad. But.. You gotta be honest. They've got one of the best top of the lineups in MLB.

The rotation is decently solid. Nola's about one step below a true ace but is a solid #1.

The bullpen is a disaster. The offense can't score enough runs to make a large enough lead.

Old 04-28-2021, 09:48 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,141,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7express View Post
ya gotta believe! Things will turn around. 5 game winning streak coming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball