Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:58 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,498,858 times

Advertisements

Cubs suspend OF Bradley for rest of season - MLB News - FOX Sports on MSN

Yes, I am a Cards fan, but I do not hate the Cubs (only the Red Sox lol). However, I respect the Cubs management in taking the appropriate action in getting rid of this mentally imbalanced tool. The Albert Belle of this decade. Why did the Cubs pick him up anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 08:18 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,492,660 times
This leads me to the larger question as to why Jim Hendry gets a pass? Whenever I hear people defend him they talk about the Bobby Hill for Aramis Rameriz and Hee Sop Choi for D Lee trades. THOSE WERE AMAZING TRADES. Absolutely. They were also in what, 2003? Since then he has signed soriano into the next ice age, let go of Derossa in an overreaction to last years post season, signed the headcase Milton Bradley, over paid for fukudome (although that one I agreed with at the time) etc... I personally think GMs on the south side and the north side get a little too much rope.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:10 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
He was a piece of garbage when he was with the Blue Crew and nothing has changed to this day. Is it not amazing how a person can have a multi-million dollar contract and still not just be the slightest bit positive?

Old 09-21-2009, 11:36 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,997,686 times
The rumor is that he is going to be replaced by one of the Parker brothers.

Old 09-22-2009, 01:01 AM

25 posts, read 36,264 times
Hey, if your name was Milton Bradley, wouldn't you have a bad attitude too? Haha.

Yeah, honestly I have some sympathy for Bradley but ultimately, he's not been playing well and he's been more than a bit of a brat in baseball. I can't say how good or bad of a guy he is in his personal life.

For fun though, whenever I am pitching to Bradley in MLB 09: The Show, I always throw at his head. His stats are WAAAAAAAYY too high and it's just a satisfying thing to do. I can never seem to get him injured for more than a few days, though.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:09 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,046,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Val_KillMore View Post
Hey, if your name was Milton Bradley, wouldn't you have a bad attitude too? Haha.

Yeah, honestly I have some sympathy for Bradley but ultimately, he's not been playing well and he's been more than a bit of a brat in baseball. I can't say how good or bad of a guy he is in his personal life.

For fun though, whenever I am pitching to Bradley in MLB 09: The Show, I always throw at his head. His stats are WAAAAAAAYY too high and it's just a satisfying thing to do. I can never seem to get him injured for more than a few days, though.
He's got two years left on an obviously bad contract. Oliver Perez (pitcher, New York Mets) also has two years left on another really bad contract (3 yrs. 36 million). I really hope that Omar Minaya doesn't get any ideas about swapping bad contracts. As bad as Perez has been, I don't want Milton Bradley on the Mets.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:38 AM

4,343 posts, read 3,559,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samyn on the green View Post
The rumor is that he is going to be replaced by one of the Parker brothers.
Good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
He was a piece of garbage when he was with the Blue Crew and nothing has changed to this day. Is it not amazing how a person can have a multi-million dollar contract and still not just be the slightest bit positive?
He'll never change, and he clearly hasn't learned lessons from his past. Why they acquired him is beyond me and they knew he was going to be a distraction. He's good when he does hit and get on base, but he just hasn't done that this year.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
He's got two years left on an obviously bad contract. Oliver Perez (pitcher, New York Mets) also has two years left on another really bad contract (3 yrs. 36 million). I really hope that Omar Minaya doesn't get any ideas about swapping bad contracts. As bad as Perez has been, I don't want Milton Bradley on the Mets.
Carlos Silva of the Mariners is getting paid 15 million to sit on the bench and eat cheeseburgers all day. He's had one pitching appearance this whole year, and that was a few days ago. He's awful, even worse than Roy Corcoran (also a Mariners pitcher with 1 appearance all year). You can thank Bill Bavasi for him, the worst manager of all time. He gave away huge contracts to bad players and traded away players who are now tearing it up on other teams for sub-par pitchers. Thankfully, he's gone now (Bavasi).

Old 09-23-2009, 06:24 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,046,835 times
Quote:
Carlos Silva of the Mariners is getting paid 15 million to sit on the bench and eat cheeseburgers all day.
I retired when I was 51 years old. I made a decision early in life that I did not want to work beyond age 50. I'm now 57 and I would definitely come out of retirement for that job!

Believe it or not, they were discussing the possibilities of a Bradley for Perez trade on New York television last night. As much as I can't watch Ollie Perez pitch anymore, I don't want Milton Bradley on the Mets.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Carlos Silva of the Mariners is getting paid 15 million to sit on the bench and eat cheeseburgers all day. He's had one pitching appearance this whole year, and that was a few days ago. He's awful, even worse than Roy Corcoran (also a Mariners pitcher with 1 appearance all year). You can thank Bill Bavasi for him, the worst manager of all time. He gave away huge contracts to bad players and traded away players who are now tearing it up on other teams for sub-par pitchers. Thankfully, he's gone now (Bavasi).
Okay, I was wrong. Silva had a few poor appearances early in the year. And Corcoran may have had another appearance or two here and there (I'm not sure), but I think I made my point. :P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball