Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 10:33 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,240,920 times

Advertisements

The bigger issue here is Chris Berman is an absolutely horrible play-by-play announcer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 10:47 AM

5,985 posts, read 4,379,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
The bigger issue here is Chris Berman is an absolutely horrible play-by-play announcer.
He can't be any worse than Chip Carey. Anyway, this revives memories of the 1970s. Howard Cosell was so sickening to me that I turned down the TV volume and listened to the radio play-by-play.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:32 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Yes, 1-900-Strokey-Doke
I hate to point out the obvious, TVSG, but the Strokey-Doke line you reference is, according to you, prefaced by 1-900.

My sincere sentiments go out to those posters who subscribe to the CD sports forums with all good intent and then have to deal with TVSG's inane threads and comments. Such is forum life.

Rest assured that his continual threads on both the "Relationships" and "Work and Employment" forums seem to be running their course. As amusing as he was, his whining and silliness is getting very old very fast. Cheers!

Old 10-07-2009, 03:47 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgerunner View Post
He can't be any worse than Chip Carey. Anyway, this revives memories of the 1970s. Howard Cosell was so sickening to me that I turned down the TV volume and listened to the radio play-by-play.
I'm not a sports aficionado at all, at least when it comes to American football or baseball. Used to enjoy a good game of rugby back in the day in England and still catch equestrian when I can - but have to agree with you, Ridgerunner, about Cosell.

I have no idea who this Chip Carey is. Obviously he has TVSG's fragile knickers in a twist ...

As much as I never got into American football I couldn't help but be subjected to it via marriage and I found Cosell so completely unappealing, period.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:58 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
It's only people who appreciate the game saying such things! ESPN management begs to differ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball