Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 04:09 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,924,857 times

Advertisements

Two different questions:

1. Who would it be if anyone in the league could be acquired for Lebron to play with? (the best match, anyone in the league, no limits)

2. Who could it be that's actually possible to get?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 04:36 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,861 times
One of the best fits would be Pau Gasol, an quicker big man who will bang down low, but won't clog up to many driving lanes. But Kobe already has him. So that would be my answer to #1.

I think he would look pretty good with Bosh and maybe even Dirk. I hate the idea of him and Wade on the same team though. So thats my answer to #2.

Old 06-04-2010, 04:37 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Amare or Bosh, I think he's better off with a bigman running mate versus playing with Wade.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:45 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,655,803 times
I'd say Dwayne Wade. Two of the top 3 players imo on the same team. I've seen these two get triple teamed before, you wouldn't be able to do that if they played on the same team.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:49 AM

3,771 posts, read 7,094,301 times
The most realistic choice was clearly Amar'e. All Ferry had to do was give up Hickson in the Suns deal and Cleveland would be preparing themselves for their first ring right now.

If LBJ and Amare had agreed to resign together, you'd be talking about something really incredible being built.

Oh, what could have been...

Old 06-07-2010, 12:14 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,972,545 times
Sidekick? When has Lebron shown he can carry a team? He does a fine job in the regular season but who cares about that?

Lebron has shown time and time again hes not clutch. Hes not the go to man minus that prayer against the Magic last year. Last three years he has done less and less in the playoffs.

Quite honestly, Wade > James

James should be Wade's sidekick.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:30 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post
Sidekick? When has Lebron shown he can carry a team? He does a fine job in the regular season but who cares about that?

Lebron has shown time and time again hes not clutch. Hes not the go to man minus that prayer against the Magic last year. Last three years he has done less and less in the playoffs.

In 2007, Lebron carried a woefully undermanned team into the finals, including that 48 point assault against the vaulted Pistons defense. His ability to carry a team is fine. What I have noticed though, is he seems to perform better when he's the underdog( like the above scenario).
Games 5 and 6 against the Celtics this year was the first time I've seen Lebron appear 'disinterested' or mailing it in. Even last year when the Cavs lost to Orlando, Lebron averaged 38,8, and 8, including that amazing gamewinner at the buzzer in Game 2. How much more can one man do?

I still think the Cavs should have gone for Amare. Jamison, while capable of putting up numbers, has never been a winner anywhere he's gone, I'm not sure why people thought his acquisition would put them over the top.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:11 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,655,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub D View Post

If Wade was better than Lebron than why is Lebron the most sought after free agent and not Wade? Although I agree after Kobe you could really go either way with Wade and Lebron, Wade has a championship and Lebron has two MVPs.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:27 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,972,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
If Wade was better than Lebron than why is Lebron the most sought after free agent and not Wade? Although I agree after Kobe you could really go either way with Wade and Lebron, Wade has a championship and Lebron has two MVPs.
Because the media has been on James' lovestick since he was in high school. The so-called next Michael Jordan then Wade came out of nowhere. No one thought Dwanye Wade would become this good.

Like I said, James is a regular season juggernaut but that really doesnt matter much especially in the NBA. Take the Celtics for my example. They put on their A game during Cavs series and wiped the floor with them. Then they proceeded to pretty much do the same thing with the Magic. The 3 seed beat the 1 and 2 seed. Back when the Pistons were good, they didnt really try much in the regular season so they could save their starters for the playoffs. The Spurs did the same exact thing pretty much every time they won it all. Celtics followed this formula but it was out of their control since it was injuries not coaches decisions to bench starters.

James' needs someone who is willing to take the last minute shot because hes not comfortable doing that. I heard Hudo wants to get out of Toronto, hes someone willing to take that last minute shot and is a great 4th quarter player.

James' is not someone you can depend on to make that shot. Hes the one you can depend on draw alot of attention to give that other player an open shot. Too bad Robert Horry retired because he would be perfect for James.

Old 06-07-2010, 11:39 AM

5 posts, read 3,272 times
Amare Stoudamire
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball