Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 08:28 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times

Advertisements

Timberwolves announce agreement with Adelman

Ok - so basically, the Rockets and the Wolves have swapped leadership. Adelman being one of the best - McHale leaves much to be desired.

Houston may be getting on the elevator going down. It's a shame Morey and Adelman couldn't stay on the same page.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 10:41 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,194,362 times
A big high five to owner Glen Taylor for putting up the money to hire Adelman especially after the Kurt Rambis debacle. As a Minnesota sports fan, it's nice to know that a team is serious about winning and I believe the Adelman is the right coach to put the Timberwolves back on track to having a team that is watchable.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:45 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,127,813 times
Adelman is a great hire for the Timberwolves-----he is solid coach who is respected by players and owners.

This is still a massive job in getting the Wolves moving, but this is a good first step. Adelman recognizes talent and also knows deadwood----he is demanding so its time for some discipline in Minnesota.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:59 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
Adelman is a great hire for the Timberwolves-----he is solid coach who is respected by players and owners.

This is still a massive job in getting the Wolves moving, but this is a good first step. Adelman recognizes talent and also knows deadwood----he is demanding so its time for some discipline in Minnesota.
My issue is that with the offseason moves and the draft, Minnesota looks alot better. So Adelman will be getting credit for additional wins that have nothing to do with his coaching (if there is an NBA season).

Old 09-16-2011, 09:34 AM

159 posts, read 344,441 times
Here's a story about Rick Adelman. When he was the Portland Trailblazers head coach, he and his family lived just a few blocks from me. His son, David, was just a kid and played basketball in our local kids rec league. I was then, and still am, on the Board of that league. David was going through our try-outs (they're no-cut, everybody who signs up plays, the "try-outs" are just to give the coaches a look at the player's skills for the team draft) and Rick was there to watch. On that particular night, we had about 200 kids there. I went over to Rick and said, "This has got to be your worst nightmare". He asked me what I meant by that. I replied, "200 players and they're all unrestricted free agents!" He cracked up.

Rick was, and still is, a great guy.

Old 09-17-2011, 05:14 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,539,581 times
The Wolves still have alot of growing up to get through. They will be sub 500 this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball