Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 02:50 PM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
That is their problem...the bench won't show up on most nights.
<points to the other threads where delusional Laker fans were claiming 36yo antwan jamison was going to be the bench beast this year. >

Really, it's just sad to read at some point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 02:33 AM

2,883 posts, read 5,889,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Dwight had foul trouble.

100% agree that you don't want Metta taking all those shots. For crying out loud Artest is like their 6th best scoring option on the team....that's messed up.
You'd think at Metta's age, he wouldn't be taking all those shots. The guy is going to be 33 years old. He's been in the league....14 years!!! now. You see him throw up these 3's.....they barely hit the rim

I think we need luke walton back, lol. Or Sasha Vujacic. This lakers bench must be the worst of all time.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John23 View Post
You'd think at Metta's age, he wouldn't be taking all those shots. The guy is going to be 33 years old. He's been in the league....14 years!!! now. You see him throw up these 3's.....they barely hit the rim

I think we need luke walton back, lol. Or Sasha Vujacic. This lakers bench must be the worst of all time.
You cannot afford to have a bench. Your starters are going to cost 200million next year unless the Lakers start trading and amnestying....and basically start over. That's about 30% of the value of the entire franchise.

*please* anyone that rips this comment without understanding the new CBA and it's penalties is going to look super dumb, so before you start tossing bombs, read up.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Who cares if the Lakers are getting old?

Is it a crime to get old?

Any fan deserves to hope for the best for their team.

Who cares if the Lakers don't win a championship?

I just want the Lakers to do well, like any fan.

I am hated on here just for being a Lakers fan.

The Spurs aren't going anywhere either.

I don't need a bunch of Spurs fans telling me why the Lakers aren't going anywhere.

Let's just all enjoy the 2012-2013 season.

I know it's hard considering the Lakers have eliminated the Spurs throughout the years.
This was an awesome thread to read back over.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:36 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,084,836 times
Quote:
lmao
i love th spurs not going anywhere part.
2 finals appearances and a title.
and the lakers did what exactly?

so cute

ahhh good times.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
I'm not saying he is better at this time, but people keep bringing up the fact that he's 39, when Nash isn't like most 39 year olds in the basketball world. He is still schooling most youngsters and has proven to be far more durable than most youngsters. Nash may indeed end up playing more games than Rose this coming season.....Nash will be on the floor playing while Rose will be rehabbing and then will need to get back into game shape. Just saying.
2 years later...you've gotten 65 games, less than 2000 minutes and 61 minutes of playoff play from Nash.

Oh, and you still have to pay him next year AND PHX got your 2013 and 2015 picks.

You lost your 2017 pick on the Howard trade.

This means you cannot trade the 2014, 2016 or 2018 picks because you cannot trade away consecutive years picks.

The Lakers went for it but like I warned it could blow up in their face.

That fast rebuild was the worst Laker management move I think in the history of their franchise.

Now we have Laker fans saying they will quickly rebuild but they have no cap space and no draft picks.
You have laker fans saying they will trade their picks for players which they actually can't do.

Sorry but there are only 2 things left to root for with regards to the Lakers.
1) Kobe passing more career milestones like points.
2) Praying for the lottery ball.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:48 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,716,406 times
Quote:
You defend the Spurs for anything, don't you?

I do nothing but give the Spurs props, that year they DIDN'T win anything.

Now you bring up this post after the Spurs win.

You should have brung up the post after the Heat beat them last year.

I don't hate on the Spurs like a lot of people do in this forum.

I personally don't like the Spurs but I give them respect for their good play.

Most of us give the Spurs their due, so what else do you want me or anyone else to do???

Old 06-28-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
2 years later...you've gotten 65 games, less than 2000 minutes and 61 minutes of playoff play from Nash.

Oh, and you still have to pay him next year AND PHX got your 2013 and 2015 picks.

You lost your 2017 pick on the Howard trade.

This means you cannot trade the 2014, 2016 or 2018 picks because you cannot trade away consecutive years picks.

The Lakers went for it but like I warned it could blow up in their face.

That fast rebuild was the worst Laker management move I think in the history of their franchise.

Now we have Laker fans saying they will quickly rebuild but they have no cap space and no draft picks.
You have laker fans saying they will trade their picks for players which they actually can't do.

Sorry but there are only 2 things left to root for with regards to the Lakers.
1) Kobe passing more career milestones like points.
2) Praying for the lottery ball.
You really need to stop.

If the Lakers were winning, you wouldn't be in here trying to prove something.

You really hate the Lakers and anything having to do with their fans, don't you?

The Lakers are one of the best sports franchises in all of sports and I don't think that Lakers' fans should ever stop being optimistic.

You want to pounce on everyone now that the Spurs are on top of the basketball world.

I've always known this about you, you like those goody 2 shoes, blue collor, play the right way basketball teams.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:55 PM

I don't care if you report me either, like you used to and have me receive infractions.

Why do you keep up boosting up the Bulls, who haven't won anything significant since Jordan left but when Laker fans try to optimistic, you chastise them?

And why did you resurrect this thread after it was dormant for 2 years?

Hatred towards anything having to do with the Lakers, Iverson or anyone who has tattoos or street cred.

Old 06-28-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
You defend the Spurs for anything, don't you?

I do nothing but give the Spurs props, that year they DIDN'T win anything.

Now you bring up this post after the Spurs win.

You should have brung up the post after the Heat beat them last year.

I don't hate on the Spurs like a lot of people do in this forum.

I personally don't like the Spurs but I give them respect for their good play.

Most of us give the Spurs their due, so what else do you want me or anyone else to do???
I actually bumped the thread more out of looking back at the decision to go for a quick rebuild.

I'd also note that I had a huge problem with giving 2 1st rounders and taking up cap space with Nash.

I was really looking for the thread where I warned that if Dwight walked the Lakers would be screwed and staring at a LOOOOOOONG bad stretch but it was locked.

Now when I point out how screwed the Lakers are (which is obvious to everybody) I get called a Laker hater and told they'll be back in the playoffs in 2 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball