Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 09:50 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times

Advertisements

Incidentally, this is an awesome topic. If anything, we should have an extension of this thread as to who would formulate the bench. The next 5.

You know when a topic is good when you are thinking about at work, or in your spare time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 10:05 AM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ok....just to be difficult....

SG - Jordan, no-brainer.
PF - Duncan
PG - Lebron
SF - Bird
Center - Olajuwon

Lebron and Bird have perimeter shooting as does prime Jordan. This opens up the middle for Olajuwon and Duncan to work along with penetration drives by Jordan and Lebron. (Duncan has a nice mid-range shot too)

The reason I moved Lebron to the PG slot is because he can play that position and is a better defender and shooter than Magic IMO.

Lebron.....please! They'd get beat if he had to be the full time ball handler, you dont need his scoring either with Bird, Jordan, and Olajuwon.....

Old 07-18-2013, 10:10 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Incidentally, this is an awesome topic. If anything, we should have an extension of this thread as to who would formulate the bench. The next 5.

You know when a topic is good when you are thinking about at work, or in your spare time.
I want to change my Isiah Thomas pick as a point guard to Magic Johnson.

My list.
C-Shag
Pf-Duncan
Pg- magic
sg-MJ
sf-LbJ

I'll play your premise of who would come off the bench:

Off the bench:

C-Wilt Chamberlin
Pf-Karl Malone
Sg-Kobe
Pg- Isiah Thomas (that way he wouldn't have to play a lot with MJ since they hate each other.
Sf-Scottie Pippen (yeah, I said it. He has always been underrated, and in my personal opinion is one of the greatest defenders to ever come into the NBA)

Good luck beating that team, bench included.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:25 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
Lebron.....please! They'd get beat if he had to be the full time ball handler, you dont need his scoring either with Bird, Jordan, and Olajuwon.....
That's right, I DONT need his scoring....his defense, rebounding and passing however are just fine by me....not to mention he has MUCH better outside shooting than the other PG's getting mentioned here which spreads the court.

Um, he did a whole lot of ball-handling for the heat and they seemed to do ok.....

Old 07-18-2013, 02:32 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I want to change my Isiah Thomas pick as a point guard to Magic Johnson.

My list.
C-Shag
Pf-Duncan
Pg- magic
sg-MJ
sf-LbJ

I'll play your premise of who would come off the bench:

Off the bench:

C-Wilt Chamberlin
Pf-Karl Malone
Sg-Kobe
Pg- Isiah Thomas (that way he wouldn't have to play a lot with MJ since they hate each other.
Sf-Scottie Pippen (yeah, I said it. He has always been underrated, and in my personal opinion is one of the greatest defenders to ever come into the NBA)

Good luck beating that team, bench included.
We have similar starting squads, 3 of the same 5 guys and only differ with you have Shaq\Magic and me having Olajuwon\Bird. My thinking was with such strong post players I wanted one deadly shooter in Bird instead of going with Magic.

I really like your bench, very very strong defensively....I might go with Payton or Stockton at the point but that's picking nits.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:56 PM

322 posts, read 584,759 times
C-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
PF-Bill Russell
SF-Larry Bird
SG-Michael Jordan
PG-Magic Johnson

Old 07-18-2013, 03:23 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,446,614 times
PG - Magic Johnson
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Lebron James
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Shaq

Duncan over Bill Russell was probably the hardest call. No offense to Wilt, Kareem, Olajuwon, etc, but Shaq in his prime was just a physical freak... too big/strong for the great big men of years past.

Off the bench:
PG - Isiah Thomas (I'm a Pistons fan)
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Larry Bird
PF - Bill Russell
C - Kareem

Old 07-18-2013, 10:50 PM

462 posts, read 427,533 times
Wilt, Duncan, LeBron, Jordan, Magic.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:47 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,801,239 times
My bench would be:

C Russell
PF K. Malone
SF L. James
SG Bryant
PG Robertson

Old 07-19-2013, 12:39 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Dammit, try to score on this team:

C Wilt
PF Russell
SF LBJ
SG Jordan
PG Payton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball