Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 11:48 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,708,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
before. he was never really very POP-ular in SA.
Badum tish!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 03:31 PM

3,520 posts, read 9,240,920 times
I only read Page 1, but if Nick Anderson doesn't miss those 4 free throws at the end of Game 1, the NBA Finals series could have been much different.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:37 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
but his clutch shooting got sean marks one, and tony massenburg, and nasr mohammad, big dog glenn robinson, of course devin brown and who could forget lovable Rasho Nesterovic. they all got their only ring because of bob lol
Why does an image of Stephen A Smith appear in my head when mentioning Nesterovic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
I only read Page 1, but if Nick Anderson doesn't miss those 4 free throws at the end of Game 1, the NBA Finals series could have been much different.
Magic was up 20. Don't blame that on Nick.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:40 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,718,740 times
No one's even answering the question I asked.....

Old 09-01-2013, 08:14 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
ummm i answered long ago.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
ummm i answered long ago.
I know you did and I thank you but many other people in the thread aren't answering the question.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:53 PM

589 posts, read 639,200 times
In actuality, Utah and Phoenix both should have beaten Houston. Out in the West, probably Phoenix should have come out. There's no way a David Robinson led team was going anywhere. He was a subpar performer in the playoffs and Olajuwon ran circles around him.

In the East, New York/Indiana/Orlando were threats, but I liked Indy's grit and clutch play. They took out the Knicks and pushed Orlando to a game 7. It was obvious whoever came out of the West was winning. Orlando was inexperienced(which showed against Houston), New York regressed a bit after '94, and Indiana just didn't quite have what it took. Jordan was also rusty as hell, so they weren't a threat with him and no Rodman.

IMO, it should have been Phoenix to win.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:21 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,708,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
What are you looking for? The Rockets won the title, that's how that season ended. If not them, who knows? Are we assuming that Houston is out of the picture in this scenario? Is Orlando still in the finals, and playing who if not Houston? If you could set some parameters, maybe we could provide an answer but its just too open a question as is. If we're assuming that Orlando still makes the final( are we?) and Houston doesn't, then its a question of how Orlando would have matched up against either Spurs,Jazz, or Suns. And all we can do is speculate aimlessly in all instances.

Last edited by Roman77; 09-02-2013 at 09:35 PM..

Old 09-03-2013, 09:16 AM

2,754 posts, read 7,424,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
What are you looking for? The Rockets won the title, that's how that season ended. If not them, who knows? Are we assuming that Houston is out of the picture in this scenario? Is Orlando still in the finals, and playing who if not Houston? If you could set some parameters, maybe we could provide an answer but its just too open a question as is. If we're assuming that Orlando still makes the final( are we?) and Houston doesn't, then its a question of how Orlando would have matched up against either Spurs,Jazz, or Suns. And all we can do is speculate aimlessly in all instances.
Magic lose to all 4 of the above.

OP, I speculated an answer to this! =]

Old 09-04-2013, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg1977 View Post
I am assuming that either the Rockets failed to make the playoffs completely or they lost in the first round against Utah.

Yes, the Orlando Magic are in the NBA Finals because they did make it out of the East.

Who would have come out of the West between the Jazz, Suns and Spurs and how would the Western Conference Champion done against the Magic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball