Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2014, 05:38 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,017,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
the latest trend, lebroning

Thanks for showing us people with no respect and no lives. Appreciate it. Its funny I actually thought SA had decent fans. Lost a lot of respect for them, especially with the booing and cheering when Lebron went down.

It really is something, maybe it is just the internet so it is easy for morons to get their point across but we would not see stuff like this 10 years ago. When someone got hurt you clapped when they got up, hope they were ok and went on with it. These people are showing who they really are, which is not anything good. And it is illogical the hate for Lebron, what is wrong with people. I get it, you don't like the guy but this is taking too far IMO. It just makes zero logically human sense.

We have never in our lifetimes seen an ahteltes who has been pretty much a perfect role model on and off the court get so much hate and criticism and it is pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoma11 View Post
Lebroning is the best thing to happen to the internet in a long time. Puts a smile on everyone's face and laughter in everyone's life.
Its actually pretty pathetic, but hey everyone needs a hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post

Let me guess, you also think Spoelstra is a great coach, right?
If you don't Spoelstra is a top coach in the NBA right now Top 3-5 you are just a biased delusional Heat hater. You think Pat Riley is going to keep some OK coach on the team? You think an OK coach could deal with what the Heat had to deal with in 2011 and then completely transform the team on defense and offense? Transform one of the best players of all times game? Manage three HOF players egos, minutues and shots like he does? Keep a locker room ready like he does? You have to be kidding me. Think about it as a logical basketball fan and not some delusional "Lebron, Heat Hater" that everyone loves to be. You think OK coaches go to four finals in a row???????

Look at the teams Phil Jackson had. If you don't think Spoelstra is a top coach in the NBA today, then you must think Jackson was just pretty good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 06:00 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,100,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Thanks for showing us people with no respect and no lives. Appreciate it. Its funny I actually thought SA had decent fans. Lost a lot of respect for them, especially with the booing and cheering when Lebron went down.

It really is something, maybe it is just the internet so it is easy for morons to get their point across but we would not see stuff like this 10 years ago. When someone got hurt you clapped when they got up, hope they were ok and went on with it. These people are showing who they really are, which is not anything good. And it is illogical the hate for Lebron, what is wrong with people. I get it, you don't like the guy but this is taking too far IMO. It just makes zero logically human sense.

We have never in our lifetimes seen an ahteltes who has been pretty much a perfect role model on and off the court get so much hate and criticism and it is pathetic.

Its actually pretty pathetic, but hey everyone needs a hobby.

If you don't Spoelstra is a top coach in the NBA right now Top 3-5 you are just a biased delusional Heat hater. You think Pat Riley is going to keep some OK coach on the team? You think an OK coach could deal with what the Heat had to deal with in 2011 and then completely transform the team on defense and offense? Transform one of the best players of all times game? Manage three HOF players egos, minutues and shots like he does? Keep a locker room ready like he does? You have to be kidding me. Think about it as a logical basketball fan and not some delusional "Lebron, Heat Hater" that everyone loves to be. You think OK coaches go to four finals in a row???????

Look at the teams Phil Jackson had. If you don't think Spoelstra is a top coach in the NBA today, then you must think Jackson was just pretty good.
Lmao heat fan got butthurt.
Lebron a "perfect role model"??? Yeah if you're trying to mold yourself after one of the great narcissists of this nba generation.

Maybe someone can post up the devil lady flipping Noah off in Miami from last years playoffs.

Lebron wasn't "hurt" he didn't take a huge fall, he didn't catch an elbow to the face, he had a cramp! And if you think fans are less classy than they were 10, 20, 30 yrs ago, then you are either sadly mistaken, or about 15 yrs old and remembering little league.
I distinctly remember fans of teams like the bad boy pistons LOVING when they busted someone's ass.

Old 06-06-2014, 06:10 PM

795 posts, read 1,269,398 times
Latest news... Popovich upset because the experts said LeBron would cramp in the 3rd quarter.... Pop almost ordered the heating unit restored early in the 4th.

Best picture ever... Lance S. blowing on LeBron's leg:

https://twitter.com/RaffaeleG2/status/474901902220861441/photo/1

All kidding aside, I hope The King is okay... I'm guessing a monster game from him in game 2...

But honestly, why is it ALWAYS something with LeBron? Not just something... but something odd... always some odd stuff with this guy.

Old 06-06-2014, 06:44 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,499,397 times
I think people react the way that they do about Lebron because, even years later, his past actions as he walked down the road to maturity left a bad taste in people's mouths. I, too, didn't like how he handled things in Cleveland (though I thought he was right to leave). I didn't like his petulance in the past, either. He a well known primadonna. Despite all of this, I did respect his body of work and how he has handled himself in the past two years or so. He has grown up quite a bit and I find myself feeling neutral about him, though I think he needs to rid himself of that "King" moniker. But I am not everyone.

As for Heat hating, I will say this... you can blame the media for why people are sick of the team. The team is actually a good team that I can appreciate from a basketball standpoint. But the excessive adulation and ****-sucking on the part of the media is ridiculous. Take ESPN for example. Why the f*** do we need a "Heat Index" while other teams don't have their own page? You have the Heat grades and ooh, a blurb about the opposing team, even if the team won. Making it seem like it's all about the Heat failures rather than the opposing team's success?

Old 06-06-2014, 06:57 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,877,710 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcEYrjU_3sM

For love of the game. That half court bounce pass @5:18 was absolutely incredible

Old 06-06-2014, 07:02 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,974,619 times
I hate LeBron and the heat as much as anybody, but I do think "LeBroning" is dumb. Karma comes back on that type of stuff. I hope it doesn't come on the Spurs. We still have a long way to go in this series.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:07 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,011,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I think people react the way that they do about Lebron because, even years later, his past actions as he walked down the road to maturity left a bad taste in people's mouths. I, too, didn't like how he handled things in Cleveland (though I thought he was right to leave). I didn't like his petulance in the past, either. He a well known primadonna. Despite all of this, I did respect his body of work and how he has handled himself in the past two years or so. He has grown up quite a bit and I find myself feeling neutral about him, though I think he needs to rid himself of that "King" moniker. But I am not everyone.

As for Heat hating, I will say this... you can blame the media for why people are sick of the team. The team is actually a good team that I can appreciate from a basketball standpoint. But the excessive adulation and ****-sucking on the part of the media is ridiculous. Take ESPN for example. Why the f*** do we need a "Heat Index" while other teams don't have their own page? You have the Heat grades and ooh, a blurb about the opposing team, even if the team won. Making it seem like it's all about the Heat failures rather than the opposing team's success?
These ridiculous attacks against LeBron James about last night's game are quite silly. I didn't like the way LeBron handled the Cleveland situation either but I accepted it and moved on but it does seem like there are still a lot of people who haven't gotten over LeBron James leaving Cleveland after all these years. I'm not even a Miami Heat or a Spurs fan, so there is no need for me to be bias on either side.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:23 PM

612 posts, read 844,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Then Game 2 should be played in a neutral city. SA is not up to the task of hosting the finals. As a matter of fact they should consider re-playing Game 1 in a neutral city in normal conditions.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:47 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,499,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
These ridiculous attacks against LeBron James about last night's game are quite silly. I didn't like the way LeBron handled the Cleveland situation either but I accepted it and moved on but it does seem like there are still a lot of people who haven't gotten over LeBron James leaving Cleveland after all these years. I'm not even a Miami Heat or a Spurs fan, so there is no need for me to be bias on either side.
BTW I never said that I supported the "attacks" (though I must say that LBJ isn't that fragile as to let some internet hate hurt his feelings). While some of the hatred is excessive, he somewhat created this mess.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:48 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,806,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
I also blame ESPN. They shove the NBA down our throats and since LeBron is a top player, he naturally gets a ton of attention. Perhaps a bit too much, but there's a reason he gets so much attention aside from being a great player; he generates attention that ESPN is able to monetize. Similar to the Khardashians. People love to complain how sick and tired of them they are yet they take the time to click on article relating to them, commenting, etc.

Anytime you're at the top, you will become a very polarizing player. It happens in every sport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball