Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2014, 09:04 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,971,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
I also blame ESPN. They shove the NBA down our throats and since LeBron is a top player, he naturally gets a ton of attention. Perhaps a bit too much, but there's a reason he gets so much attention aside from being a great player; he generates attention that ESPN is able to monetize. Similar to the Khardashians. People love to complain how sick and tired of them they are yet they take the time to click on article relating to them, commenting, etc.

Anytime you're at the top, you will become a very polarizing player. It happens in every sport.
Most people loved Jordan. Yeah, of course, there were plenty of haters. But public opinion of Jordan for the most part was high. Everybody wanted to be like Mike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 09:30 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,010,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Why the f*** do we need a "Heat Index" while other teams don't have their own page? You have the Heat grades and ooh, a blurb about the opposing team, even if the team won. Making it seem like it's all about the Heat failures rather than the opposing team's success?
Every team, at least the bigger teams have their own page. Everyone is so obssed with the Heat that it is the most read "team page" so they get a link on the front NBA page and other teams don't, but many if not all the teams have their own page.

Lets a lot remember plenty of cities like LA, Boston, NY, LA, Dallas Chicago have their own "ESPN" website pretty much.

And btw the way guys. Spurs had cooling fans in their locker room at halftime. The Heat? Nope nothing. That's messed up. Simple as that.

Can't wait for game 2. Lebron said he did not need any more motivation, well he is getting more now.
https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds/st...23548093042688

Old 06-06-2014, 09:35 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,010,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
Lmao heat fan got butthurt.
Lebron a "perfect role model"??? Yeah if you're trying to mold yourself after one of the great narcissists of this nba generation.

Maybe someone can post up the devil lady flipping Noah off in Miami from last years playoffs.

Lebron wasn't "hurt" he didn't take a huge fall, he didn't catch an elbow to the face, he had a cramp! And if you think fans are less classy than they were 10, 20, 30 yrs ago, then you are either sadly mistaken, or about 15 yrs old and remembering little league.
I distinctly remember fans of teams like the bad boy pistons LOVING when they busted someone's ass.
Yea, you are calling me 15, yet you are using the phrase "butthurt"

I think it is just 100,000,000 times easier for idiots to come out because of the internet and call people "LeCramp" or make fun of a guy who can't move his dam legs in serious pain.

It is sad. I have never once felt this way against another person, especially someone I don't even know. Why put so much energy into this? Why the hate?

I get if it they are Cavs fans, I really do. But besides for that. I don't get it.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:39 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,105 times
The only non traumatic pain that touches a full blown skeletal cramp is gout, basically both are 9 out of 10 when it comes to non contact pain. The only thing worse would be giving birth for a woman or a kidney stone for a man. Obviously there are cancers and such but lets not get crazy, I wouldn't compare anything to that.

Lebron has an issue with cramping and part of it is his muscle makeup, he'd be much better off carrying a little more fat on his body. He also doesn't hydrate enough or there are other problems with his body we don't know about..

The comments about Jordan like he was super human are ridiculous, some people think he quit basketball just to play baseball, or because his Dad died ( the latter was part of it) the other reasons like serious gambling issues plus the pressure he, the media, and the fans, put on himself were the biggest though. Lebron has 1000 times more nonsense to deal with, when it comes to the internet, ESPN, etc... I'm not even a Lebron fan, I was 11 when Jordan and my favorite baller Barkley were drafted, and just like the guys before me didn't want to give Jordan his due over Wilt, I'm the same way. Last night watching Dwayne Wade, one of my favorite players basically crawl into a corner and suck his thumb when Lebron went out made me realize how good Lebron must be. I know Wade is getting older, slower, and has bad knees but I didn't know he was that weak.

Btw, anyone who watched Jordans Hall of Fame speech and didn't come away with less respect for him, has serious mental issues. Dude is a serious JO.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:53 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There is a best player in every TEAM. Yes, Miami is the better TEAM out of these two, as SA gets no credit when they resort to sabotaging the arena to get an edge.

I've always loved your sense of humor!! Keep the chuckles coming This is comedic gold LOL. Sore loser heat bandwagon frontrunner fans are second to none in hilarity!!

What if the situation was reversed, with the game in Miami, and say Duncan leaving with cramps leading to a Heat win. Would you STILL think the win was a gift to the heat, would you still think it a horribly unfair conspiracy, and would you want Game 2 in a neutral city instead?? No, no and no!!

Old 06-07-2014, 01:34 AM

612 posts, read 844,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
The comments about Jordan like he was super human are ridiculous, some people think he quit basketball just to play baseball, or because his Dad died ( the latter was part of it) the other reasons like serious gambling issues plus the pressure he, the media, and the fans, put on himself were the biggest though. Lebron has 1000 times more nonsense to deal with, when it comes to the internet, ESPN, etc... I'm not even a Lebron fan, I was 11 when Jordan and my favorite baller Barkley were drafted, and just like the guys before me didn't want to give Jordan his due over Wilt, I'm the same way. Last night watching Dwayne Wade, one of my favorite players basically crawl into a corner and suck his thumb when Lebron went out made me realize how good Lebron must be. I know Wade is getting older, slower, and has bad knees but I didn't know he was that weak.

Btw, anyone who watched Jordans Hall of Fame speech and didn't come away with less respect for him, has serious mental issues. Dude is a serious JO.

Old 06-07-2014, 06:37 AM
Jza

259 posts, read 379,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I've always loved your sense of humor!! Keep the chuckles coming This is comedic gold LOL. Sore loser heat bandwagon frontrunner fans are second to none in hilarity!!
Amen to that. I would like the people who keep telling this guy to pipe down to be quiet. This is epic material. He's like the Norm MacDonald of the thread. Killing me... let him go. Miami Heat bandwagon angst is a gold mine of giggles.

Old 06-07-2014, 07:31 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
did someone say bandwaggon fans in the heat crowd?

Old 06-07-2014, 08:07 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
Yea, you are calling me 15, yet you are using the phrase "butthurt"

I think it is just 100,000,000 times easier for idiots to come out because of the internet and call people "LeCramp" or make fun of a guy who can't move his dam legs in serious pain.

It is sad. I have never once felt this way against another person, especially someone I don't even know. Why put so much energy into this? Why the hate?

I get if it they are Cavs fans, I really do. But besides for that. I don't get it.
here we go, those classy heat fans. (funny google "heat fans" and this is the very 1st image that comes up)

Old 06-07-2014, 08:22 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
here we go, those classy heat fans. (funny google "heat fans" and this is the very 1st image that comes up)
sport fans out of control - they forget that sports is just entertainment -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball