Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 09:54 AM

864 posts, read 799,938 times

Advertisements

I love these fanboy arguments.

Quote:
"Oh wow, 4 straight years of going to the Finals (going 2-2 in that stretch) in a weak ass East conference"
Umm, don't they have to play the best team from the West?

Quote:
"That is so much more consistent than a team that has gone to the playoffs 17 straight years with 6 Finals appearances with only ONE loss coming out of it."
The Heat have had 8 playoff appearances in the past 9 years and had 5 finals appearances with 3 rings. You call that "flash in the pan"?

The more your post the more you sound like a Spurs fanboy. I get it, you're super duper happy that your team won. But calling the Heat a "flash in the pan" team is ridiculous hyperbole. That's the actual TRUTH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 10:17 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,971,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Cool View Post

The Heat have had 8 playoff appearances in the past 9 years and had 5 finals appearances with 3 rings. You call that "flash in the pan"?

The more your post the more you sound like a Spurs fanboy. I get it, you're super duper happy that your team won. But calling the Heat a "flash in the pan" team is ridiculous hyperbole. That's the actual TRUTH.
The butt hurt is strong with you.

1: there's a difference between playing one good team and running a gauntlet like the teams in the west do.

2: heat got embarrassed by two of those west teams and if not for luck they would be 1-3 the past four years.

3: as mentioned, didn't the heat have a 15 win season in the not too distant past?

Heat have benefited from a weak conference, their location, and a cheap collusion. But they are NOT the Spurs as an organization.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:24 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:

I'm talking about this current "Big 3". The Lebron Era.

You say you're not a Heat fan, but you seem to be ultra defensive about them as if you were...

Old 06-17-2014, 10:27 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
the spurs have made the playoffs 1 less time since duncan arrived than the heat have made since they were created!
the heat have missed the playoffs 3 times since 2000, the spurs have missed the playoffs 5 times EVER!
and the east has been a cake walk since MJ left the bulls, making it to the finals 4 times in a row is a great feat, congrats, now come out west and play.

NBA Teams: Miami Heat Records Year by Year.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
The butt hurt is strong with you.

1: there's a difference between playing one good team and running a gauntlet like the teams in the west do.

2: heat got embarrassed by two of those west teams and if not for luck they would be 1-3 the past four years.

3: as mentioned, didn't the heat have a 15 win season in the not too distant past?

Heat have benefited from a weak conference, their location, and a cheap collusion. But they are NOT the Spurs as an organization.
Yes, it was luck that the Heat beat the Spurs in Game 6 overtime. It was also luck that they dominated Game 7 last year. So much luck involved.

Spurs fans ->

Old 06-17-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
I'm talking about this current "Big 3". The Lebron Era.
Wait, so you're only considering the Big 3 era for the Heat (which started in 2011), but comparing them to the Spurs accomplishments dating back to 1999?

Lack consistency much?

Old 06-17-2014, 10:50 AM
JJG

Quote:
Wait, so you're only considering the Big 3 era for the Heat (which started in 2011), but comparing them to the Spurs accomplishments dating back to 1999?

Lack consistency much?
I'm taking from what the OP is giving me.

And even of you include the 2006 team, it STILL doesn't compare to what the Spurs are and what the Spurs have accomplished.

There are only 3 teams in the NBA that have anything over San Antonio, and Miami isn't one of them

Old 06-17-2014, 10:52 AM

I never said the Heat as an organization have equaled the Spurs. Where did I claim or say that? The Heat only became a team in 1988. The Spurs have been around since 1976. Obviously the Spurs have a far richer history when it comes to post season success.

But they clearly are not a "flash in the pan" team and have been one of the most successful teams of the past 10 years. I don't understand why you have to trash the Heat to uplift the Spurs? Isn't that counter-intuitive to your claim of the Spurs being "The Best Team"? I mean since they only beat a "flash in the pan team", what's the big deal? You're bragging about beating a flash in the pan team? Who cares?

Old 06-17-2014, 11:11 AM

7,912 posts, read 10,093,678 times
in honor of the finn_s sitting behind their computers (or computer?)
the troll song for your viewing and listening pleasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkTb9GP9lVI

Old 06-17-2014, 11:13 AM
JJG

Quote:
I never said the Heat as an organization have equaled the Spurs. Where did I claim or say that? The Heat only became a team in 1988. The Spurs have been around since 1976. Obviously the Spurs have a far richer history when it comes to post season success.

But they clearly are not a "flash in the pan" team and have been one of the most successful teams of the past 10 years. I don't understand why you have to trash the Heat to uplift the Spurs? Isn't that counter-intuitive to your claim of the Spurs being "The Best Team"? I mean since they only beat a "flash in the pan team", what's the big deal? You're bragging about beating a flash in the pan team? Who cares?
Who's BRAGGING? We're talking about the Heat being called the " team of the era" only based on recent success compared to the Spurs strech and lack of losing for a much longer time than most of the NBA.

If you're going to point out the Spurs being a 1 seed losing to an 8 seed, don't get snarky when someone says that the Heat shouldn't have won the series LAST year.

If you're going to call Spurs fans "nutthuggers" and whatnot, don't get defensive if someone points out that the Spurs have done MORE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball