Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2015, 05:26 PM

3,396 posts, read 2,804,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
I know the Celtics had me impressed in the first Game of the series and was confident they would win one of those in Boston.
I thought for the most part they played good basketball. Certainly deserving of a game maybe two...I thought the Cavs played well defensively and showed they can grind and get physical as well. Good sign for Cleveland moving forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 05:27 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
FBJ flipflops more than a catfish out of water:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ

May should be interesting and no way am I putting money AGAINST the spurs once the playoffs start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ
Well that means for the MONEY I would go with Memphis or San Antonio in the Western Conference Finals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ
But for the money I will have to say the Warriors are the team to come out the West even though my heart is with the spurs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ
I don't see any NBA Team sweeping the Spurs in a 7 game series and would have to see it to believe it.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:32 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,334 times
Quote:
Unless the Spurs can get contributions from the players below I don't see how they can win one of the two remaining games in Los Angeles.

1. Manu
2. Green
3. Mills

Green has not played well the entire series which is one of the main reasons the spurs lost today because he has zero points.
You might be right, but I don't think all of those players need to play well: If Leonard, Duncan, and Parker play well, they'll really only need one of those guys to play well. That is, unless most of the Clippers are firing on all cylinders.

To me this series is about consistency and depth vs potential: The Spurs are a more consistent, deeper team, but when both teams play to their full-potential the Clippers are probably better. It should be a great game 5.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:38 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
FBJ flipflops more than a catfish out of water:

I believe I explained that for the money I will go with the Warriors to come out the West but my heart is with the spurs. Just like this series with the Clippers, I felt that they needed to win both games in Texas to win the series so now that it's 2 games in LA left I would go with LA in game 7..................FOR THE MONEY.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:39 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanapolicRiddle View Post
You might be right, but I don't think all of those players need to play well: If Leonard, Duncan, and Parker play well, they'll really only need one of those guys to play well. That is, unless most of the Clippers are firing on all cylinders.

To me this series is about consistency and depth vs potential: The Spurs are a more consistent, deeper team, but when both teams play to their full-potential the Clippers are probably better. It should be a great game 5.

Also keep in mind it took overtime for the spurs to win game 2 in LA so asking them to win another game at the Clippers house is a huge task.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:46 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,304,334 times
Quote:
I believe I explained that for the money I will go with the Warriors to come out the West but my heart is with the spurs. Just like this series with the Clippers, I felt that they needed to win both games in Texas to win the series so now that it's 2 games in LA left I would go with LA in game 7..................FOR THE MONEY.
It'll be interesting to see who winds up being right. I originally picked the Clippers to win the West, but if it's not them, I think it will be either the Grizzlies or Spurs. I'm still skeptical of the Warriors ability to win without much inside presence, but then again their shooter are so good they might be able to do it.

Quote:
Also keep in mind it took overtime for the spurs to win game 2 in LA so asking them to win another game at the Clippers house is a huge task.
Probably true, but in a game 7 anything can happen.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:47 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,328,394 times
I guess I will the one with the bold prediction: if the Spurs/Clippers go to a Game 7, the Spurs will win!

Meanwhile, if the score holds, Washington will sweep Toronto, after the Raptors returned the favor in the regular season. What is it about the Toronto Raptors, who in seven playoff appearances, will have only advanced to the second round once. In those seven playoff appearances, they have been the higher seed three teams, and they have never advanced to the next round with homecourt advantage.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:10 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Duck View Post
I guess I will the one with the bold prediction: if the Spurs/Clippers go to a Game 7, the Spurs will win!

Meanwhile, if the score holds, Washington will sweep Toronto, after the Raptors returned the favor in the regular season. What is it about the Toronto Raptors, who in seven playoff appearances, will have only advanced to the second round once. In those seven playoff appearances, they have been the higher seed three teams, and they have never advanced to the next round with homecourt advantage.
And the wizards can definitely compete with the Hawks in round two since they are already struggling with the Nets.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:15 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Hmmmm....if Love is hurt and Smith is hit with a game suspension....Cavs could be really short-handed in game 1 vs. the Bulls in the next round.

After seeing the footage I can agree with love's claim that Olynk made a dirty play but the resulting injury itself was flukish IMO.

I couldn't believe the refs didn't whistle a foul wayyyyy back when the shot went up and Olynk (I don't care if I'm mispelling it lol) came running in and essentially bulldozed Love under the basket.

Classic case of the refs "letting them play" and then the physicality leads to injuries.

I didn't get to see the game so I can't speak to the totality but if they let them rumble all game like that it's ridiculous.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:17 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,094,301 times
Well, now I'm going to sound like Mathguy... I wish this next series could be played at full strength. Advantage: Chicago.

That's unfortunate. I would have said Cleveland in 6 if today could be erased from time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball